beLiefs??

beLifes???

beLifEZ????

beLife?????

Hint >> Believe in your self 

Edited by EmptyInside

"It can't be that lame, you know?" Terence McKenna

What to say when you talk to yourself by Shad Helmstter :

Programming creates beliefs > Beliefs create attitudes > Attitude creates feelings > Feelings determine Actions > Actions determine Results 

---------

Then also, I'd say identity is deeply rooted in our habits. How we see ourself creates a loop of action taking or not. Identity based beliefs. I am "xyz".. I am a runner. I am a swimmer. Connects with a role of certain actions. 

Identity based > Process orientation > Outcome focus

Karma is but cause and effect. We sow what we reap. So if we are reaping weeds in life, we need to focus attention on what we sow so that we can reap delicious fruits and vegetables instead later on.

Here is an article on Karma by Sister Mohini Panjabi of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris which can help frame a positive understanding of karma...

To fully participate in life is to become fully awake to the reality that each action has an effect. Every movement counts. Each thought rebounds. In contemplation, we witness how each act sets off ‘waves' that will strike some distant ‘shore' and reverberate back into our life.

The world is an echo chamber. Everything we hear is an echo of our own voice bouncing back onto our eardrums. Each movement and event is a rebound from the past. Everything.

Our universe is a hall of mirrors; each moment a reflection of an earlier scene or interaction; each love, a reflection of self-respect. Which means, of course, that each moment is a unique opportunity to avoid doing anything that will bring us future pain and, instead, sow a seed that will bring us the sweetest of fruits. ~ Sister Mohini Panjabi

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole