Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuckerwphotography

Observations on Love vs love

5 posts in this topic

I met a woman recently who I feel a great amount of love for. She brings out aspects of myself that I enjoy, and I find we have great chemistry together. We are not currently in a relationship but are becoming close friends. 

As I contemplate the love vibes arising in my awareness, I notice a few things:

-I oscillate between truly wanting what’s best for her aka whatever she wants for herself (unconditional love) and wanting to have my own needs and desires met (romantic love). I’m very aware of this and can tell when my ego is regressing into attachment.

-There are many qualities that I’m projecting onto this woman that I know are classic shadow projections, aspects of myself that I see in her which I want to grow in myself, like confidence, playfulness, presence, etc.

-When I’m in a place of unconditional Love, I don’t really feel any sexual energy. It’s strange, almost like that energy is transmuted into some higher form. Instead I just see how beautiful she is, like a deeply soulful work of art.

-Being “in love” is different than simply being Love. One feels like a Dream character desiring another Dream character, and the ladder feels more unconditional, like a deep gratitude for the immense beauty and wholeness of this individual arising in Awareness. 

-Meditating becomes significantly harder when I’m “in” love. More difficult to remember that I AM Love. I find thoughts and emotions about this woman become much stickier and harder to witness without getting absorbed in the content. 

-While I love being “in love” I also feel the deep suffering and pain of this desire, especially since the prospects of us entering a romantic relationship are currently low due to the fact that she just ended a longterm relationship and is still processing that grief. 

-My deeper desire is to Be the unconditional Love that I feel for her when I’m at my best, embodying that same level of Love in all my interactions with all beings. I trust that the Universe has created this situation to be a teacher for me on the nature of Love, and yet at the same time this Dream character ego also just wants what he wants, and I’m trying to practice acceptance of that rather than repressing these feelings or forcing them into some artificial “elevated” state. 

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to balance romantic desires vs spiritual pursuits in the context of Love would be much appreciated!

Yeah, that's life in a nutshell. On the one hand you want to be selfless, on the other hand you cannot because it would kill you. So you're stuck somewhere in the middle.

The only thing capable of truly unconditional Love is Infinite Consciousness. Anything less will be a lesser manifestation of love. Form and finitude itself limits Love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is sadhguru enlightened?

Is an enlightened person the embodiment of infinite love?

I might be getting conufsed.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, that's life in a nutshell. On the one hand you want to be selfless, on the other hand you cannot because it would kill you. So you're stuck somewhere in the middle.

The only thing capable of truly unconditional Love is Infinite Consciousness. Anything less will be a lesser manifestation of love. Form and finitude itself limits Love.

Thanks, this is actually really helpful to hear. Reminder that I shouldn't try to be something that's impossible to be while still embodied as a human. [Sigh of relief]