Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taunted Jester

The “What happens after death?” Question... what death? So... what life?

6 posts in this topic

So I have had a thought that has been forming in my consciousness for a while now.

”What happens after death?” Or what happens when you die?

From what I can gather there is immortality. Yet not.

I mean, I am currently living my life at the moment writing into my phone and on to this website, being conscious as I am at this present moment. If I were to die at this moment by heart attack I believe I would still experience consciousness in one form or another. Is that not still the description of life?

What is life’s description? Or definition should I say?

whether experiencing “life” as a single being or from a single point of view compared to experiencing “life” as everything in existence and multiple or every viewpoint... 

after life, after death, it feels same same to me. What is after death, what is after life? Why define them? Should there be any definition between them at all? I’m not sure there should be. 

just thoughts going through and processing them all. Thanks for reading. Would love to hear your viewpoints that might expand this train of thought. Cheers

Edited by Taunted Jester

Unconsciousness is impossible. That's all you need to know. Possible objections include "but what about deep sleep?" You aren't unconscious in deep sleep -- not even close. THIS is "after life/death;" this is death; life; before life; the afterlife. It's just what is: indescribable (perhaps disguised) infinitude.

Speaking from direct experience, I know what consciousness is like in the form of a self-identified separate human body (ie dual). I have brief glimpses of what human consciousness is like as non-identified, non-separate human form (ie nondual).   Outside that, it gets into the realm of guesswork. When this body, with it's superpower to conceive of itself as a separate self dies, it merges back into the general non-human form of existence. I don't see why the other forms of reality (worms, soil, gas, whatever else I will turn into), can't have forms of consciousness too. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

41 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Anything anyone can say about death and what comes after it is imaginary

This is the truth. Enjoy now. But also keep in mind time doesn’t exist all is now that’s why you have memories. If you went unconscious when you die and it’s lights out forever but time doesn’t exist who would be aware of this right now? The mind fuck is no one is aware of it . So idk no one can know 

My intuition is that you will reincarnate (if you still experience life as an individual) after death. But of course this is moot given by the fact that you are already reincarnating and don't notice it. So basically you have absolutely nothing to worry about or look forward to. It's hopeless.

I've had far too many past life experiences to discount the idea. But of course there's no one here to reincarnate now so... idk.

Edited by The0Self