EternalForest

When's the last time you had a day just for you?

4 posts in this topic

I encourage you to have one. A day to relax and chill with yourself. For this one day, nothing else matters but what makes you happy.

Give this a shot: save up about $50 and set a day where you can be off from work and out of the house. Don't focus on the clock. Bring your phone (mainly for emergencies), and a book you like or know you will like. Also, bring a mask and hand sanitizer to stay safe during COVID-19, and avoid crowds!

Go for a drive by yourself and listen to some of your favorite songs. Or one of your favorite audiobooks, or just drive in silence and relax. Drive with no destination in mind for about an hour. If you don't have a car, just walk for an hour and relax your mind.

After walking or driving for a while, go to a restaurant and order yourself a nice meal or a snack. Read your book or watch/read something on your phone that you enjoy. You can even give a friend a call and chat with them about ideas, positive topics, reminisce on great memories, talk about plans for your future etc. If you're concerned about the virus, just get the food to go and eat it outside or pack your own lunch ahead of time and eat it in your car/at the park, etc.

After you leave the restaurant, try making a few more stops at some relaxing locations. Go to the forest and take a hike. Afterwards, just continue driving or walking for a while.

After doing this for a while, you should start to get a very relaxed feeling, a lighter, higher feeling.

By this time, the sun should be setting. Watch the sunset and meditate.

You don't have to do everything I mentioned in this exact order. These are just ideas. The important thing is, do what makes you happy for one day, whatever that is. You can even have your own little movie marathon at home while everyone's gone, if you want.

Whatever you choose to do on your personal day, I can promise you that you'll feel so good by the end of it that you'll be able to handle any of the stresses you face with an improved outlook.

Edited by EternalForest

This is my life pretty much every day. Guess I should count my blessings being a single guy in his 20's lmao.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

This is my life pretty much every day. Guess I should count my blessings being a single guy in his 20's lmao.

Right! lol for me I’m still in my teens, but props to living the same kinda lifestyle ?