Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tovius

Morning focus

3 posts in this topic

"I" find that when this unit wakes up in the morning there is tons of monkey chatter and it's actually difficult to get back into ignoring my ego and putting attention on awareness without losing focus immediately. In fact it almost feels impossible to do at first. It's as if its forgotten what "I'm" supposed to be focused on to the point to where I have to put on a video something to actually motivate. 

Any advice or experience on how to move past this?

Edited by Tovius
Added more detail.

@Tovius The 'monkey chatter' is the anxiety. Putting on a video is an escape from facing the issue. Investigate within what fuels that anxiety and work on that shadow.

I experience this aswell, partly because I sleep very poorly and have a hard time breathing comfortably in the morning. I've tried just sitting/meditating and focusing on my breath, it kind of helps stop the chatter. Also if you have the habit of looking at your phone the second you awake, maybe try and stop doing that. Pick up a hobby, something your energy can flow into besides non duality and enlightenment, it could be drawing, singing, cooking, whatever... The non duality and enlightenment business is filled with traps at every corner. It is almost impossible to not get more neurotic, disoriented and ungrounded when your only interest is finding out why "you" exists and what "this" is. The freedom is in my experience in "ordinary" being(as in what is already), living, feeling, smelling, hearing, seeing, it is everything you can think of and not think of. Non duality is in my opinion used as escapism a lot, it is just a way to neglect the nitty gritty realness of the ordinary.