preventingdiabetes

The Best Strategy for Spiral Dynamics and Ego Development

3 posts in this topic

It seems like a lot of people here are focused on progressing through the stages as fast as they can after learning a little bit about Spiral Dynamics. 

But if you are only focused on progression, then the neglect of solidifying the lower, "primitive" stages would leave shadows in your development. 

It's like building a shaky mansion with weak walls, waiting to be broken down when life throws you a curveball. 

Look at it like a wholearchy rather than a hierarchy 

The strategy then, is to focus on solidifying the stage you're currently at AND all the stages below. Then by exhausting your desires, naturally wanting to move up the stages. 

For example, if you're currently at Stage Orange, then focus on solidifying Beige-Orange before you try to advance into Green. 

Hope this helps people who have the wrong idea of the model :) 

If anyone has any other opinions, suggestions, or objections, I'd love to know :D 

I am wary of my ego wanting to identify with the higher stages while ignoring that parts of myself that still operate in the lower stages. I don't see the models like ladders, but frequencies I happen to operate at in different contexts and situations. Always self reflecting, questioning and self examining in the moment. Sometimes a stage red reaction can be useful (at least in essence), sometimes a stage green lens works, sometimes a stage orange lens works and elements of stage blue are useful too... at least in elemental or archetypal. When it comes to survival it's all expression of love anyway. The problem is all duality collapses too, It's all you baby. 

I think it's about learning to love myself at each stage, and others at each stage. Many of us are fragmented if you observe us long enough over time.

Part of me wonders, the more honest we are, the more open minded we are and the more loving, holistic and educated we become we naturally move up the spiral. Be wary with identifying as advanced because this maze is massive and non-linear... 

Loving each part of my self, in each context at each level of spiral/ego development until I become a temple of pure white light. a fountain of love.

tldr: I agree that being patient with ourselves and properly integrated ourselves, and our understanding of reality including and and transcending these models will be important for us to find truth, and live in a conscious way. Shadow is a real concern for everyone in this work I think. Much love!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@preventingdiabetes thanks for sharing. I could somehow see that in myself too. It seems like the system of spiral dynamics is being influenced a lot by orange thinking ways, where it was supposed to a Yellow/2nd Tier system.

I have heard somebody teaching SD first tier stages as 6 slices of cake with different flavors. Each slice is not better or worse than the other. When you're on first tier, have to savor each of the flavor of the cake.