Lyubov

Rudy Giuliani faces questions after compromising scene in new Borat film

84 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

That's the trick. Beauty and youth are attractive especially for people who are having issues to let go of it and move along.  It is so easy to love youth and beauty and be blinded by it.

I can also appreciate visually handsome slightly younger men, but that ship has kinda sailed. Too immature, and I can't relate with them anymore and vice versa in 99% of the time. Men my age are always my favorite as we can grow together.

I'm thinking that learning to love someone else aging allows you to also come to better acceptance with your own body's slow decrepitude. :)

And by the way, who is that woman Bradley Cooper is currently dating? Didn't hear of that story.

Maybe, but it is also a natural thing for all men.  DiCaprio just has the ability to dimply go with it.

I’d argue that we are not meant to grow old with one another.  Human beings used to die when they were 40.  Be married into old age is a relatively new thing.  

Most women don’t take younger men. seriously.  However, if you are a 40 year old man who makes over $150,000 a year, has a nice home and car and are single, women 20-25 is where you will first look to for a good time.  Or even to develop a relationship for that matter.

Actually she was his ex, Suki Waterhouse.  She was 21 when they dated.  His last partner who he had a kid with is 34.

27 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Women also like good looks and tend to prefer dating young. Men love to tell themselves the story goes one way but it is not exactly the case.

I was actually so smitten with my own youth that I was afraid older people would damage it by getting me to grow too fast. 

At 20-25 I would have been grossed out to date a 40 year old and so were most of my friends. But when you particularly like money and like to be taken cared of, why not. 

A very good friend of mine back from high school started dating at age 22 a 43 year old guy who owned a luxury club on the Cote d'Azur. She was embarassed in front of our mutual friend when she introduced her older dude (and everyone was mocking her for doing that guy, btw) but respected him because he was important. I also heard she tried to fuck Justin Bieber when he came to his club behind his back. Lol

Really?  I mean, I have dated some older women (I’m 28, last woman that I dated was 39), but it seems more like younger women get with older men.  It seems like younger women like older men.  I have also noticed that high school girls seem to become obsessed with me (it’s annoying) and young women 18-22 are more interested in me than women my age.

Most young women who date older men probably have some daddy issues plus are more than likely in these weird power dynamics (see Mariah Carey being married to Tommy Mottola, or the creator of Ren and Stimpy getting a 15 year old girl into animation and then dating her).  Rockstars have been known to date or even marry under age girls.  From Elvis to David Bowie to Steven Tyler.  I think a lot of young women get over sexualized and find the young men around them to be immature.  I knew girls in high school who dated grown ass men.

And Damn lol.  She seems like a player.  Having fun.

13 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Let’s just show Leo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp some love. They’re doing the best they can in life. Just like the rest of us.

Great actors.

DiCaprio is my favorite and Depp is top three for me.

1 hour ago, Etherial Cat said:

You are still a young puppy. 

High schooler are particular, I think. It's a time when you usually love to pretend to be older than you are and want to grow up fast as you are so in love with the idea of being an adult.  It tends to slow down after when you discover the scam and how you were better off out of the adult world. haha

That sounds about right.  Most people want to grow up faster than they ought to only to miss their youth.

Quite a lot of these relationships you've mentioned have been creepy as fuck though when you look into them

Oh for sure, especially the creator of Ren and Stimpy’s (John Kricfalusi) relationship.  The woman said that he only liked her for her body, mind and the fact that she was an animator, but that was it.  Also he was the Howard Stern once and Stern was talking about a character of his named Sody Pop that he thought was a hot chick.  John Kricfalusi interjects that she is 15.  Creepy.

She was the worst friend I ever had, unsurprisingly. 

Too busy slaying rich dicks.

My fav is Ethan Hawke.

He’s very underrated.  Has a very natural style.  Very intelligent too.  

Saw the movie yesterday, didn't hear the controversy till after. When I first saw the scene I thought it was funny, especially his line "She's too old for you" when he burst into the room. As far as how Rudy acted, the parts that weren't edited out he seemed cordial and understandably flirty, especially after the interviewer put her hand on his leg.
What I find the funniest is the overreaction to this scene in particular. If there was no music or editing then it would have been much more mundane, but it's a movie so the dramatic music, the editing, and where it fit in with the movie made his intentions seem different. Artistically it made a great climax for the third act. I didn't think he was reaching for his dong, but in the context of the movie Borat totally saved his daughter from fucking Rudy. The whole point was to get that scene for the movie but it got treated as a giant "Exposed!" narrative. It's a satire and people take themselves too seriously to appreciate that.

There's a point to be made about the morality of all this but I'd rather just enjoy it for what it is rather than getting lost in the controversy.