lostmedstudent

tap water filtration

4 posts in this topic

Im looking to get a water filtration now that ive got plants and they suffer from city water. 

I cannot do the full house thing given im renting, but what do you guys recommend in terms of the faucet filter or pitchet filter?

Im mostly looking at amazon and not sure which one to get. mostly looking to remove, fluoride, calcium , lead chlorine.

thanks. 

Edited by lostmedstudent

Berkey is pretty good from what I looked at. Would be a good step up on most of those cheaper filters. I have the large one and it is pretty good. I would rather have a reverse osmosis system, but this has worked for now. Bigger is better with these for sure. 

Edited by Average Investor

Most Britta filters are pretty decent and get rid of heavy metals, pesticides & limescale. Aqua Optima is good as well. If you cannot afford reverse osmosis, get one of the filtration jugs, it is worth every penny. 

Neither of them may remove fluoride thou so if you are in States, the RO or Distiller would be better options. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Berkey is good. I have been using BK4X2-BB gravity water filter for almost 2 years, the filter is still very good. After filtering the water was much better than bottled water, I was very surprised because of that, the water had no strange smells and flavors.