Chew211

Any Writers/artists/directors/entertainers/story-tellers?

32 posts in this topic

I like to think of myself as a creative writer. 

Recently I developed an interest in verbal story telling.

I think there are so many useful applications for it beyond entertainment, mainly teaching moral and practical lessons to children.

It's something I see a lack of these days, and if I can keep it alive, I hope I can inspire others to as well.

@Zane I totally agree, we should be friend's in person, we live so close... I'll PM you! Any other west-coast Canadians into storytelling?

Hey my fellow artists,

I would like to share a 3D painting that I did, if you don't mind. I have my website covered up with stickers - not ready to share that yet. Just wanted to present an opportunity / idea. I'm having it donated to the school that I work for and probably it'll end up being displayed in the school library. I'm a bilingual teacher (and painter). Best of Journey...

2016-11-12 10.06.30.jpg

I'd create if I knew how to trigger my imagination and creativity.

Just progress.

@DimmedBulb You don't have to wait. Just take a notebook or something, write or draw whatever spark that comes to mind. The mind is always generous and providing you with solutions.

@DimmedBulb Cool. Tell you something...There must be some idea in those thoughts that you could try out.

I tried my first idea, which was making baskets as birthday return gifts for children (in US, they call them goody bags). It didn't work very well when business (the demand) picked up - busy and exhausting.

Next thing I did was wrote a simple bilingual book. That worked. That's how I got my job - because my mentor noticed and presented me an opportunity.

If the first thing doesn't work, keep trying and take baby steps actions. That's how it works.

(Note: self-employment is different from pursuing passive income. Passive income is the preferred income. Takes patience.)

Edited by Key Elements

@Key Elements It's mostly me complaining about how terribly I slept and all sorts of "perversion" that pop up in that noggin of mine. It's a way to convince the inner critic to lay low when creating, which should lead to being less judgmental and therefore producing more stuff. It also counts as meditation.

Just progress.

@-nbolt- If you need a sound designer or music composer, i am your guy. I can do lots of audio related stuff. If you need classic piano or abstract sounds of space,lasers etc, i can do it. Only thing i do not know is how to code but i could start learning some basics... i have lots of free time. I even planned to learn electronics and coding so i can build my own live setup performance controllers( and much more) for music such as complex MIDI routing for lights and sound etc.

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels