Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Empty

A Case Of Self-trust: University

7 posts in this topic

I was going to write a looong thread explaining a lot about my current situation with university, but I stopped 

Which one is more self-trusting? 

• continuing studying at university without really knowing the end road! or 
  • Quitting university for the sake of gaining a lot of experience in the work-place. Also, for serving the long-term life purpose! 

In my case, it is like this, wether I get a BA Or just an undergraduate degree ( which I already have, and that's why I am thinking of quitting uni) will not make any big difference in terms of the kind of job I will end up with. 

I hope I made some sense 

Thaaaanks ;) 

I guess both. Whatever road you take, you can apply self-trust. 

10 minutes ago, Muhammad said:

continuing studying at university without really knowing the end road! or 

We never know the end road! Either way you will not know how you will end up with.

I don't know the university you are studying, but I would take the best out of university life if I were you. Take different classes (psychology, philosophy, arts, business, whatever you are drawn into really). Maybe do what Steve Jobs did, stay at university while learning something related to your life purpose. Being a university lecturer, I still believe there is some wisdom yet to be transferred from professors to students. You just need to find the right source. 

What is it that you study and what kind of education would help you achieve it? Maybe there is at least a small connection there. 

in my opinion you need to take a piece of paper then start by writing the advantages and disadvantages after that discuss this with your family.friends and your professor you don't need to follow what they gonna say just listen to them maybe they have better solution for you 

Edited by Sultan

@Pelin I study English literature. The point is there is not really much advantages with it. 

University has been great for me, but I was like a stupid nerd, just studying and had no experience. 

@Muhammad I assume you have at least one year ahead. I studied English language teaching, but would prefer literature if you asked me. So much insight to gain from, so many great writers! Analyzing those books are analyzing the human psyche itself.

And the advantages of a degree in  English in a non-English speaking country are enormous. You are like one-step ahead of everything because you are fluent in English. You will probably find a job very easily, too, teaching or translating are much better than most jobs you can do without a uni. degree.

In Turkey, lots of entrepreneurs have English literature or teaching degrees, I find it ridiculously awesome! And I second Sultan's advice, talk to your professors especially, they might lead you in some lessons or professors you will benefit from. 

@Muhammad AT the end of the day you have to do what is best for you. However, whenever I start something I've made a vow to myself to always finish something I start. I started a Law degree 5 years ago and I have one more year to go. Since 5 years ago I have decided to take a different route for my life (which doesn't involve becoming a lawyer any more). I have thought about quitting but I have one year to go so I have decided to have my law degree as a back up in case everything else falls apart. 

We never do what is in store for us up ahead and nothing in life is ever guaranteed or a sure thing.

Do what is best for you and what makes you happy, weigh up the pros and cons if you must but whatever you decide, just know it is the right decision for you at the time and have no regrets. 

@MIA.RIVEL Thanks so much for your encouraging words. 

I made a radical decision this year to take a gap year in order to improve myself. I may not go back to university again. I don't know what will happen anyway. University, in the country where I live, is very understimating. I took it upon myself to find a job, join a community, or anything like that to improve myself, emotinally, socially, etc. I sat down and ponder on it. I think it is coming from my intuition.