Tifecool

Is this true or am I going down the wrong path.

7 posts in this topic

So this is a quote I made a few months back:

"A car is to walking as psychedelics are to meditation"

I just want to know if my reasoning is sound. I've really never achieved much spirituality from meditation and the likes, but I'm a big proponent for psychedelics and find meditation unnecessary/too much work, what advice do you have for me? 

I would recommend working a modest micro-dose routine into your meditation efforts before jumping into a macrodose. Don't go straight from walking to highway driving

Edited by Observore

I think "A car is to walking as shaktipat are to meditation"

But I guess everyone has a unique path and maybe psychedelics is for you. You just have to make sure to follow your feeling and intuition and you will be on the right path!

13 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I think "A car is to walking as shaktipat are to meditation"

But I guess everyone has a unique path and maybe psychedelics is for you. You just have to make sure to follow your feeling and intuition and you will be on the right path!

Appreciate this 

A car is more efficient at covering distance when compared to walking. But, like all things, there is an equivalent exchange that has to happen here. A car is more dangerous compared to walking, and you also lose the health benefits of walking. A car also takes more skill than walking. This is the price that is paid for the luxury of driving a car.

Similarly, with psychedelics, it is faster than conventional methods but it does not adhere to the level of development your ego is at. This is the trade-off you get with psychedelics. With psychedelics, you force Truth onto yourself regardless of whether you are ready for it or not. You do not need to do any consciousness work in order to take psychedelics. This leads to the possibility of your ego being underdeveloped during the trip and creating a severe backlash. It's the difference of jumping straight into a cold shower rather than starting at a warmer shower first and making it colder from there.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

16 hours ago, Osaid said:

Similarly, with psychedelics, it is faster than conventional methods but it does not adhere to the level of development your ego is at. This is the trade-off you get with psychedelics. With psychedelics, you force Truth onto yourself regardless of whether you are ready for it or not. You do not need to do any consciousness work in order to take psychedelics. This leads to the possibility of your ego being underdeveloped during the trip and creating a severe backlash. It's the difference of jumping straight into a cold shower rather than starting at a warmer shower first and making it colder from there.

Personally, I don't think I've prepared in any way for a psychedelic trip, but I feel I can handle it just from the fact I'm maybe naively fearless of things and the ability to just accept whatever situation I find myself. 

What happens when you drive the car to the supermarket? You just sit there in your car, or you gonna walk in the store? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost