Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arzack

Psychedelics fuck with your beliefs too

3 posts in this topic

I'm not implying that they can't also make you feel both physically and emotionally sick at high dosages.

One thing I realized not long ago is that you can't choose your beliefs. You can't choose to believe that the Earth is flat; you can't choose that you don't have cancer when you get diagnosed (some morons would but that's still not a choice).

This is often referred to as "mania" in the psych. community. 

When you feel both emotionally and physically ill on high doses, you also believe crazy dark shit like 'this is never gonna end', or 'it's impossible to do this regularly' (as I know I should, sources: Martin Ball and Chris Bache).

Edited by Arzack

Of course, there is no "you" to execute free will over what beliefs the ego-mind will attach itself to. Same goes for all decisions made in life, the river stream of consciousness flows with no opinion, no belief, no mind, no thought. Only the ego-mind creates such delusions for its own survival. This enlightened state where emptiness is glimpsed however cannot be a belief as it isn't even a thought itself, and only experience can prove its existence. 

Beliefs aren't really important to this work imo. But wtf do i know lol.

That's why is far more important to realize more of yourself through meditation, yoga, mindfulness and similar more "balanced" approaches that take time and space to build up gradually, so you have a strong foundation to which you cannot be shaken by such experiences and always have that inner-knowing of Truth, so illusions cant play tricks on you. First find God within, then you can be a True Shaman. Then you will do great service for this world.

Edited by Quantum Toad