Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BabyMonkey

What is this State of consciousness?

3 posts in this topic

At the end of my breathwork I frequently end up in an altered state which is very peaceful, and occasionally blissful. This happens during my last breathe hold of Bellow's Breathe, where at it's peak i'm taken to a state that consists of:

1) No thoughts

2) Euphoric energy flowing through my whole body

3) Sensations of immense strength and balance. 

I am able to reach this state easier if I've smoked weed, and even easier if i'm on a small dose of mushrooms. Why do these substances make getting to this place easier? Also does this state of consciousness have a name? I'd like to find out more about this state and continue to develop skills which allow me to get there on a consistent basis. 

Thanks 

What you describe sounds like what I experience when connecting with Source. It's impossible to describe with words but I would say it feels like coming home, being bathed in peace and joy, having heightened awareness, being in a timeless state, feeling connected with ultimate reality and with every other being on the planet, being filled with light, having freedom from thoughts and concepts, and tapping into an infinite source of creativity, wisdom, and love all rolled into one.

I've never tried drugs, but I do think drugs can help us to descend below thought, which in turn makes it easier to tap into our internal Self which is the transcendent dimension of ultimate reality. This may be why drugs play a role in many spiritual ceremonies.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Its the state of exactly what's happening ?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi