Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacob Morres

I am trying to make a 100 changes at once but I am having trouble boiling it down

4 posts in this topic

I want to do everything. now. all at once. how do i boil it down? i'm having a lot of trouble focusing on the highest leverage things? something tells me it's very simple but challenging to know 

i feel like i backlogged like 40 things. like relationships, emotions, self-love, purpose, diet, organizing my room, hobbies everything. i don't know how to choose, or take action on these things? i just feel so shitty, i have so much to implement but only so much i can do at once??? 

also ironically while trying to do 100 things im doing none hahahaha 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Your last sentence points to your answer.

Prioritizing really doesn't matter much if you aren't actively working on any of these areas in your life lol. Pick any one of these things and start working at it. 

It seems to be that simple to me. 

For me, I used to try and implement all these daily habits and times to contemplate etc., it was way too much.  I was trying to be a superhero monk robot thing... very difficult.  It usually fell apart.

Recently, I've been focusing on simply getting a decent and consistent morning routine in.  5 mins of feeling love/connectedness/security , gratitude , make bed , drink water... that's pretty much it.  Sometimes I'll do yoga and workout, but not always and not always for long.

It sounds to me like making the decision as to what to focus on is the issue and that you've been trying to figure this out for a while and can't seem to get a solid answer on it.  True?  If so, one way to look at this is that sometimes we put too much energy and focus into solving a problem or making a decision and we end of getting tunnel vision and can't see alternative answers or possibilities.  We're not open to receiving insights, insights that happen not through conscious contemplation, but through spontaneous connections and thoughts.  Getting different perspectives and changing your patterns can help this. 

You could try...

• Changing your physical routines and surroundings (e.g., taking different routes to work, rearranging your apartment or room, traveling, etc.).
  • Taking a break from trying to get a solution.... there's a balance between constructive desire (passion) and unconstructive desire (grasping too tightly, wanting too much, too stressful, etc.).
  • Having fun!
  • Doing something new
  • Taking psychedelics or altering your state of consciousness (thus, opening you up to new views of reality, which may re-orient you're decision making.... like being lost in a deep valley and then climbing to a high mountain peak to see where you are and where you want to go).

Sometimes I try to cultivate a deep and "locked in" sense of love in my body and then ask myself questions from this place of love... can be insightful.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

It can workout, but chances are very slim. There is a very high chance on ego backlashes by implementing too much at once. Been there done that. I suggest daily meditation immediately after waking up, add in some exercise, and start working on your diet to begin with. These 3 habits will create a very decent leverage for the rest of your actualization path if done consistently. At least in my opinion.

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.