Eren Eeager

a brilliant puzzle explain how are we fooled by appearances

3 posts in this topic

so here is the puzzle: 

you need to make three squares but you can only move 3 sticks

Screenshot_22.png

I will post the answer later

P.S: you have to make three small squares like those four in the pic by moving ( not removing) three sticks

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Okay, let me say this plainly; I have to make three squares. I can only move 3 sticks.

I don't know if those are actual sticks. If they're not, the puzzle is unsolvable in the first place lol!

I don't know a limit to the number of times I move the sticks. I know the quantity limit is 3, but not the repetitions.

I don't know what counts as a 'move', like me removing a stick might count, but I don't know if returning or replacing a stick counts as 1, or a swap counts as 1 or 2 moves.

I don't know what's considered a square in this puzzle. Sounds stupid, but look closely: the sticks are not straight lines, so technically we can't make any squares at all, because we need 90 degrees on the corners. Also, I don't know if these squares must be separate to count as squares, because in my visualization of this puzzle I'm running into an irregular shape.

My solution after 30 minutes of visualization: remove the bottom left stick from the lower left quadrant(1), move the right bottom stick from lower right quadrant to the left bottom of the left lower quadrant(2), and remove the right side stick from the lower right quadrant(3). You technically have 3 squares, and I say that because these squares share two sticks together, so really it's an irregular shape, so it's probably hopeless to make . Now refund me my 30 minutes please. Thank you!

Edit: OMG I just realized it's a static picture, so technically I can't even move the sticks in the image in the first place lol!

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000 I edited the post. wait for the answer, you will be blown away.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.