Stratos

What does watching your thoughts mean?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been meditating for the last year or so on a daily basis. I try to stay in the now letting my ears hear whatever they wanna hear, but I never really understood the meaning in the phrase "watch your thoughts". Every time I try to be conscious of my thoughts I immediately return to the now. They just disappear as if they only work when I'm daydreaming.

Thanks in advance 

@Stratos Watching the thoughts mean you are identified with awareness not thoughts if they dissapear then you are doing great..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

watching thoughts means a state of detachment from the thoughts when you realize there's a gap between a real silence self and them, this realization has layers upon layers. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

2 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Stratos Watching the thoughts mean you are identified with awareness not thoughts if they dissapear then you are doing great..

1 hour ago, hamedsf said:

watching thoughts means a state of detachment from the thoughts when you realize there's a gap between a real silence self and them, this realization has layers upon layers. 

As hamedsf says, detachment is the key word. Observing without detachment. Its like cutting the root of the weeds in the garden, so they die off by themselves, instead of cutting them leaf by leaf.

But be careful not to uproot some flowers also... Throwing the baby with the bathwater is a real thing. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟