Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheAlchemist

Planning my Master's thesis in Geography - what would you like to learn more about?

4 posts in this topic

What would you love to know more about in regard to the relationship between Geography and society/environment/development/politics/self-actualization/Life-purpose work etc.?

Currently I am planning my topic for my Geography Masters thesis, which will give me the opportunity to dive deep into some topic and spend hundreds of hours studying and doing research related to it. So if there's anything related to Geography that you would love to know more about, I would love to know!

For example one area of research that came to mind was to look at the changes in people's values related to environmental issues from the world values survey, and use the Cook-Greuter Ego development model to see if higher degrees of ego development are associated with an increase in environmental concern in a certain geographic area. What do you think?

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@K Ghoul That's a good idea! Using CO2 emissions as an indicator as to how nations embody environmental values in their actions is really good because it is data that is available for all the countries I will research. I think I will focus on a ton of countries and see if development in environmental values is reflected in the environmental policy of the country and its CO2 emissions. Maybe the way to solve all these environmental issues is to aid countries and individuals in their development towards greater holism through the stages, so it would be really meaningful to also attach this to the developmental theories. This opens up a lot of interesting paths to take this type of research.

Really excited about this now! Thanks a ton for the idea

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse