JosephKnecht

Traveling to alternative dimensions...

5 posts in this topic

Have any of you "traveled" to alternative dimensions that are similar to our physical reality?

These dimensions can be more advanced than ours but could be based on similar understandings of reality. 

If any of you have an interesting story to share, please do.

I often do in my dreams and I write down some of them.

Here’s an example:

Worlds

P. and me are standing in a room with a framed painting hanging right in front of us on the wall. It’s large, almost as large as our bodies and it’s picturing a different world - one you can enter by just stepping through the painting. And so we do. Even though we’re never really communicating and rarely look at each other, it’s clear that we’re travel companions, exploring all of this together.

The “room” we enter represents someone else’s world, it’s like visiting someone else’s mental projection of what the world feels like for them. A viewpoint so to say which we can witness without being caught up in it. Every room we enter has more pictures hanging on the wall which lead to different people’s minds. So we wander through 3 or 4 different worlds.

I remember C., a client at work, who’s mind seems to be running on train tracks that have no other option but to keep going on the same predetermined tracks over and over again. His mother, carefully watching him in the background, seems tense. She has so much love for her son. Watching him from afar, she’s unable to see what we see, unable to see how his autistic mind really works. Because of that she feels held back from all the love she could give. Love and understanding are one, after all, which this whole dream made really clear to me.

In M.'s world we see a group of people doing yoga near a lake. As we come closer we see how she’s talking to one of the instructors, telling him about her troubles of keeping a constant practice. We understood. We really understood, because it seems like for the first time, we were paying attention to the expression on her face and not just her words when she was talking about her difficulties.

The entire dream had an atmosphere of safety, connection and zero gravity. There was nothing we desperately wanted to explore or know, the point was just to lovingly understand.

The last world I can remember was one with a lot of water again. We were sitting on rocks in a riverbed enjoying the clear water and the suns broken reflection on the waters surface. P. decides to dive and see what’s under the surface. I see how he injures himself by bumping his head against a rock underwater. After crawling back out to his seat in the sun I see a bleeding graze above his right eye. As throughout the whole dream I’m still in a calm, loving, peaceful state. I swim over and gently put my right hand on the wound. My hand is slowly healing the wound and this is the end of the dream. 

4 hours ago, flume said:

I often do in my dreams and I write down some of them.

Thanks for sharing.

While you are in the dreams, do they appear as real as living reality? 

How do you interpret your dreams from your present experience?

Do you perceive the dreamworld to exist as an alternative timeline that you temporarily access or you interpret it as a product of your own imagination? 

They do seem real if I don't become lucid. It's only afterwards that things seem "off". If I do become lucid, they're not quite as solid as waking reality. It's weird to be aware of how you're making it all up... It's exhausting in a way, but only if you're trying to change things. It feels like swimming in myself. Still pretty new to all of this so it's difficult for me to draw conclusions.

I just intuitively know what my dreams mean when I wake up. I'd say they feel like a projection of my mind that helps me become whole, balanced, mature... All the good things :-)

15 hours ago, flume said:

They do seem real if I don't become lucid. It's only afterwards that things seem "off". If I do become lucid, they're not quite as solid as waking reality. It's weird to be aware of how you're making it all up... It's exhausting in a way, but only if you're trying to change things. It feels like swimming in myself. Still pretty new to all of this so it's difficult for me to draw conclusions.

I just intuitively know what my dreams mean when I wake up. I'd say they feel like a projection of my mind that helps me become whole, balanced, mature... All the good things :-)

It's a common viewpoint that the waking self is dreaming the dream, but if we examine direct experience both the waking state and the dream state appear to the very same subject. 

Being that Self in which the entire waking state appears rather than just the character that is part of the appearances, is who/what you are and is commonly referred as the True self.

Any appearance in any state simply cannot be you,because you know all the states - they appear to you. 

This is not necessarily relevant, but I wanted to share with you my clarity on the matter before I lose waking lucidity about my true identity beyond the waking. 

We all are the Absolute, there is no other. It is not an achievement to be That, it's a statement of fact. Directly observable fact. I deem that pretty important and meta, I hope this helps. (not for the individual, but for the awareness that knows the entire state in which the individual is only a tiny part.)

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟