Leo Nordin

Quit school to remain unitive

9 posts in this topic

I've just watched Leo guras videos on ego development stages. As of lately I've been spending a considerable amount of time being unitive and I think I awakened some time ago. I have hundreds maybe a thousand of hours into spirituality/phycology/myself so I am pretty grounded. My text is serious and I'm not fearful so don't see this as the avarage student that want to drop out. 

I go to school and it's very difficult right now. I spent let's say 30 minutes living in non duality and bliss, then I tried to study. I felt so much suffering and it was very difficult. I feel like I have two main options, to let my ego play through these two school years and unfulfilling work thereafter. Or quit school and own nothing but a van to sleep and food to eat, with some part time job caring for peoples animals, children, being a paperboy, get a certain car truck license so that I can work in a facility or something else. Just work that will make me survive. That work would also be pretty satisfying because I could be at a blissful state during manual labor when they can't control my mind. Then I could remain blissful 80% of my days compared to a very low percentage in school. 

What do you guys think about this? Is it a good idea? Any advice? I know about ego and survival etc and have contemplated this for almost a hundred hours years earlier in my spiritual work so I know of the risks etc. It's only now at the unitive stage that I can consider this option for my life. Get Leo gura to read this if you can help. Thank you sincerely for reading my text?

Btw im 17 year old and Swedish. I've not written all peices of the puzzle so try to imagine being me and I only want advice especially from unitive people - that's the whole point with this text because otherwise you can't really grasp what I'm writing about. 

I'm 16 years old, same story,except, I fell for the ego  now it's very difficult to get out, eve. though I enjoy some of it, I'm trying to find a perfect balance between  material things and non material things, let me know if you get any advice, this would help me as well, I haven't found a way to enjoy school yet but I have found enjoyment in picking up girls as an ego, this is dope man. For me personally, I stopped being present because I felt like a pussy for using it as an escape from suffering. LMK what you think

Read the replies here. We were just discussing something quite similar:

Careful with the pigeon-holing. You may be tapping into unitive, and perhaps even higher undefined stages - but it's a brittle foundation without integrating previous stages first. Unless you go all in.

Edited by SirVladimir

On 2020-09-25 at 7:00 AM, SirVladimir said:

Read the replies here. We were just discussing something quite similar:

Careful with the pigeon-holing. You may be tapping into unitive, and perhaps even higher undefined stages - but it's a brittle foundation without integrating previous stages first. Unless you go all in.

My fundation may be brittle but has been worked upon for many hundreds of hours in my past. The only thing holding me back is survival. As of yet I have only maintained the unitive or complete ecstatic stages for about an hour at a time but without school in the way I could easily do 3 hours or way more. For me it is a choice, should I lay down and have the best time in my life or is there something I need to do... 

On 2020-09-25 at 5:27 AM, Sunnyboytoni said:

I'm 16 years old, same story,except, I fell for the ego  now it's very difficult to get out, eve. though I enjoy some of it, I'm trying to find a perfect balance between  material things and non material things, let me know if you get any advice, this would help me as well, I haven't found a way to enjoy school yet but I have found enjoyment in picking up girls as an ego, this is dope man. For me personally, I stopped being present because I felt like a pussy for using it as an escape from suffering. LMK what you think

Hmm, besides school I don't know what you are suffering. If you can sit/lay down and be ecstatic, especially without fantasy or mental chatting to make you joyful then there is nothing for me to say. But then there wouldn't be much of a problem for you (besides survival). I don't know whats holding you back, I don't know whats making you suffer really, but you just have to grind through it. Learn about chakras, I just discovered them and they can help you to see where you are lacking. 

I have had a similar experience to you. Been in unitive for some time. 19 years old almost 20. Awakened about 8 months ago. Since then I've had many more awakenings.

I felt like traditional school didn't resonate with me as well. Not because I was too lazy for it or something but because I felt like I was wasting my time and I wasn't growing from it the same way I was from consciousness work.

I actually felt from the start like I didn't quite fit in traditional school but I did a year of college simply because I had no other back up plan and I also wanted to see what it was like first.

So I decided to take a semester off and see where my awakening experiences lead me. I'm actually a few months into that semester and have discovered that what I really want to do is do something in the realm of life coaching 1 on 1 or something like that. 

The awesome thing about unitive stage is you can see all the stages bellow with love and compassion which is a great space for people to feel like they can grow with you in a coaching relationship environment.

Thats what I found I enjoy and am passionate about, so I'm currently working on a certification for life coaching in an online class as a start.

My advice is be brave, follow your heart but also have a solid plan behind it. If college is your only plan right now and you don't like it, do whatever you need to to figure out what you do like and then go all out with it.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:39 AM, Leo Nordin said:

The only thing holding me back is survival.

Of course. But also, if you go full-in on Unitive and beyond, it will not hold you. You won't give a fuck about survival. 

is there something I need to do... 

Never has been. Only to LOVE.

Also be wary of how the notion of 'Unitive' is being perceived in your everyday life, guys. When people get into basic self-help, they tend to develop a Dunning-Krueger and perhaps underexaggerate what Unitive entails, which is itself far beyond the boundaries of self-help, and for what it matters, beyond Earth too. The Strategist and Magician stages tend to be misinterpreted. I've had taps into a realized Unitive, and brittle taps of Unitive indeed, for they are washed down by the ego like by a rain. Unitive is massive, MASSIVE, but only because it is extremely humble. The more humble you are, the more 'everything' you are. Self-assessing yourself on Cook Greuter's scale is an internal process only you can strike right. All of us have limited understandings of your perspective.  

On 2020-09-29 at 1:08 PM, Byun Sean said:

I have had a similar experience to you. Been in unitive for some time. 19 years old almost 20. Awakened about 8 months ago. Since then I've had many more awakenings.

I felt like traditional school didn't resonate with me as well. Not because I was too lazy for it or something but because I felt like I was wasting my time and I wasn't growing from it the same way I was from consciousness work.

I actually felt from the start like I didn't quite fit in traditional school but I did a year of college simply because I had no other back up plan and I also wanted to see what it was like first.

So I decided to take a semester off and see where my awakening experiences lead me. I'm actually a few months into that semester and have discovered that what I really want to do is do something in the realm of life coaching 1 on 1 or something like that. 

The awesome thing about unitive stage is you can see all the stages bellow with love and compassion which is a great space for people to feel like they can grow with you in a coaching relationship environment.

Thats what I found I enjoy and am passionate about, so I'm currently working on a certification for life coaching in an online class as a start.

My advice is be brave, follow your heart but also have a solid plan behind it. If college is your only plan right now and you don't like it, do whatever you need to to figure out what you do like and then go all out with it.

Be careful, what you want to do is live blissfully all the time. If you don't have actual experience coaching then it's a fantasy that your mind has created. This you certainly know if you're even close to being unitive. If you are in a ecstatic state while coaching then its good. If you have really awakened then you probably know what your talking about. Still I have 50% of my school in daycare/school and coaching might be difficult intuively. As quick as you start thinking too much you can't be unitive anymore especially if you are doing your work "proffessionaly", then you can't laugh when you shouldn't laugh etc. The burden from that is immense, holding yourself back from laughing and ecstasy/being yourself all the time. Be careful?