Red-White-Light

Delusions in Spirituality

3 posts in this topic

One of the biggest mistakes to make in the spiritual journey is to discard rationalism and to confuse open-mindedness. When you are becoming more conscious you’re going to enter into Altered states and you’re going to misinterpret then because your foundation is shit. Your going to try holding your breath techniques, staring at the sun etc. All that new age shit needs to go. You have to let go of these egoic attachments to being spiritual, hippie etc. These identities will limit you. I love Christian imagery just because it was the way I was raised. I’m sure as a Hindu I would love other imagery, and Buddhism etc. Let me say that these subtle delusions in and of religion can not only fuck up your understanding but also your phyce. You need to really understand if you suddenly lost all its free-will, would your ego go crazy or would you be able to ride that out? If you suddenly enter a new paradigm, are you going to be able to function in that paradigm? Can you see how the line between duality gets blurred? Once you start to experience insane/sane consciousness, you’ll realise the importance of rationality. You can be some hippy taking unmeasured doses of shrooms and lsd, you have to be extremely organised and scientific. 

Edited by Red-White-Light

Can defs agree a strong foundation is important, the spiritual ego may as well be a meme at this point it's so abundant. Terms like "empath" and "indigo child" kinda grind my gears and is usually coming from mentally unstable people often being abused by narcissists from what I've seen (but that discussion's probably for another time).

Being able to understand the ego and how it functions and skews one's perception alongside separating oneself from the emotion of a situation in my opinion is critical for this work. Total and complete surrender is crucial too, but this also means surrendering one's scientific beliefs as well. All beliefs must be let go of for one to see this consciousness from my experience. Holding onto anything will rob you of the opportunity. What you do following this experience and how you interpret it however is what ultimately makes all the difference, which is where this critical thinking comes into play, plenty of idiots have glimpsed this on psychs and come back equally stupid and clueless. This is why I actually think LESS people should be doing psychs, their ego has way too many defences and they can't handle being so exposed so fast.

But on another note I do have a hunch you're holding onto the scientific framework purely out of fear of what will happen if you were to even temporarily surrender it to see what comes to you on the other side. Fear is just another barrier (the ultimate barrier between you and god imo). 

@Red-White-Light agreed but not all new age shit is unfounded, I would say the scientific approach is to test and then see for yourself, if it doesn’t work/isn’t healthy / stop it. If it does you may want to continue. 

it is important to have an open mind as well,  it’s good to have a scary ego experience and realize you’re alright if you are prepared ie dmt or aya. 

I do kriya yoga and a lot of breath work and a lot of people think it’s crazy but it’s true and effective for me, relative truth isn’t appreciated if you are too rational. I think e both agree the balance is great. It’s hard to say don’t do this or don’t do that because you sound dogmatic. Let people decide for themselves.