Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machinegun

So basically I need a topic

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I take a class in school called "Theory of Knowledge" in school, and you could say it's basically metaphysics (it's basically a class that asks how do you know what you know? And we discuss things like our intuition, beliefs, and ideologies). I have to give a 30min presentation in a couple weeks, and I've been snooping around on Leo's youtube page to try and find a good topic. I want to mindfuck everyone in the class, but I don't want the presentation to be so abstract that they won't be able to comprehend it.

Please give me some topic ideas, and I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes. Also, I need to have a real-life situation (an event that happened in real life) so please make sure it's a topic I can relate an event to.

Thanks

"How Openmindedness Works - Exercises To Open Your Mind" seems like it would be a gold mine for this. Ideas like... how do you know your mother actually gave birth to you? How do you know she didn't lay an egg? How do you know Australia really exists?

How do you know that seeing is believing?

I suggest you insert some brain-tricking games into it. For instance, the gif of a circling dancer. She can be turning right and turning left, depending on what you decide. You believe before you see. Reality is distortion. There is no objectivity. Everything changes when you focus on them.