Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sultan

Fear Of The Dark

10 posts in this topic

Guys please do not laugh at me I have phobia from dark places when I be alone

lately I watched both of (neti neti method and the next level of meditation) and both of these methods required to be my eyes closed. So when I practice these methods I start to be afraid because my eyes close and everything dark and no one near me 

So my question is there any solution for my phobia or can I practice these methods with my eyes open

@artwell man thank you for sharing this song. Now my situation describe twice. It is better for people who hate read now you can listen :D

Hello. I dont have this phobia but when Iam alone and in the dark,sometimes I have these fearful thoughts about the dark. Dark is something that makes us feel insecure and the place is uknown we cannot be prepared for the future danger. We cannot see and we cannot protect ourselves as much as we re in the light. So...I belive is all about thoughts. Become close with your fear. Be in the dark on purpose just to be sure that you got used to it . I am just afraid of the elevator and I challenge myself to go there alone and to be alone with my fearful thoughts. Its only in your mind. Be there...feel it and try to think the opposite. Just think positive. For example instead of "im afraid..did i see someone there? Theyre gonna hurt me..someone that i cannot even see..or i will die or whatever bad youre thinking about" reverse it to " its only in my mjnd eventually. The dark is nothing bad..its like i am in the same place an a few hours ago there was been light here....so why am i not afraid the light? This place is not dangerous I am just afraid and its normal. Accept that and move on. Noones gonna hurt me or kill me. Dark is nice because we wouldnt like to have daylight all the time. Lets relax and go to sleep :P ) Its as friendly as daylight. You have to accept it. Nature by iysownnits not cruel. There are bad people in daylight as well. I brought a few examples I dont say that these are in your mind and necessarily are going to help but I hope so.

@popi  even if I said this to myself I feel fear inside meh I think it is deep inside my subconscious mind but I am gonna try this

@Sultan

On 8/14/2016 at 5:39 PM, Sultan said:

Guys please do not laugh at me I have phobia from dark places when I be alone

lately I watched both of (neti neti method and the next level of meditation) and both of these methods required to be my eyes closed. So when I practice these methods I start to be afraid because my eyes close and everything dark and no one near me 

So my question is there any solution for my phobia or can I practice these methods with my eyes open

Hi Sultan,

I used to be very deathly afraid of the dark too.  So I very much understand where you are coming from.  One thing you may want to ask yourself is WHY you are afraid of the dark?  And WHEN did this fear initially start happening? And WHAT do you think will happen if you are alone in the dark?  By finding out these answers and the truth, you will be able to discover a solution and heal yourself.

I found out a few years ago from my mother that I had a babysitter who took care of me when I was 3/4 years old that used to lock me in a dark room and leave me there all afternoon.  I would cry and she would leave news papers on the ground because I would pee myself.  My mom found out one day by coming by early to pick me up.  It was shocking because it was her childhood friend, and she had just recently had a baby, so she wanted to spend all her time on her son, and neglected me altogether. 

I took care of a lot of this fear/phobia though hypnosis.  I went to see a hypnotherapist a few years ago and under hypnosis I forgave my caregiver and regressed back to my 3 year old self telling her that she hurt me and what she did was wrong.  I got a ton of relief from it and saw dramatic changes in my life take place.  A lot of my fears were that someone would be in the dark and hurt me.  It wasn't so much being in the dark itself, but was because it was unknown, and the abuse itself.  Just a thought, and something to think about it. 

I hope that helps, and that you find relief!

@Sultan Perfect!

Another opportunity to show you that once you consult the correct teachings and methods, you can use opportunities like this to progress in enlightenment work.

You are strongly influenced by a vasana called "The world is unsafe / there is danger all around me / there is danger in the unknown"

Take your pick on which one it is, only you know yourself better than any of us do.  Im merely laying out an example.

Find out what the vasana is saying, and then analyse your thoughts and behaviours to see what you do to COMPENSATE for this.

Once you know what you do to try to get away from this, you can then work on transcending the vasana.

Hold BOTH conflicting drives in awareness.  Understand that both drives are causing conflict in your consciousness.  

Watch them and you will suddenly transcend them.  This is called netti netti self inquiry.

If you want to transcend something, you first have to know what it is.  You will always become conscious of a vasana AND its opposite at every stage of the netti netti process.

@Names are labels Thank you so much yeah I think because when I was child I was dream some horror dream and the most one is Sleep paralysis

some people told me this is because you don't obey the god some told me this demons sit in your chest later I understand it why so I think this is the top reason other reason I should dig deeper

@Matthew Lamot look matthew I am new in this path so I don't know who I should believe (Leo or You) I am gonna figure out any solution for this confused later   

1 minute ago, Sultan said:

@Matthew Lamot look matthew I am new in this path so I don't know who I should believe (Leo or You) I am gonna figure out any solution for this confused later   

?

Try the meditation.  I dont care if you believe me.  I dont want you to believe me.  Mostly, my reply to your post isnt really for you, its for the world.  HELLO WORLD!!!:D

But Im sure of you spent 2 minutes doing the excersise i layed out for you, it might work, if not, what have you lost?  2 minutes of your life.  But it would have been 2 minutes of your life used to find out something didnt work.

Or you could go to hypnotherapy. Its your money, its your 2 minutes.

Spend it wisely:D