Anderz

Transpersonal Journal

764 posts in this topic

The doing that is happening from our individual perspective, what is that if it's not a separate individual? My take on it is that the individual is the soul. That's an integral approach, even though what I mean by soul is a changeless point within existence. Such point can't do anything, however it produces the individual experience.

And each person has his or her own unique soul. And they are separate points yet parts of the whole web of interconnected points that make up reality. So it's still a nondual wholeness. A useful illustration of this is Indra's net which is a metaphor for describing all of existence as an infinite net of jewels all reflecting each other. Of course "jewel" here represents a single point, and some of those points are souls.

I have been looking mostly at nondual teachings lately. I will look into the integral approach some more. Here is one integral video I found:

Indra's net is all there is, it's the difference between everything and nothing. And the single difference causes new differences between itself and everything and nothing and so on into an infinite and completely interconnected web of differences which is Indra's net.

With the individual being a unique point within Indra's net it also means that the point is connected to all other points. This is a useful model for recognizing that the the personal self is just a part of the whole perspective which ultimately includes everything. It's useful because it gives an explanation for how expansion of the personal perspective is possible.

In Integral Light (my homemade version of spirituality) the soul doesn't evolve. The human soul is just a changeless point. Yet the perspective experienced from that point evolves! And some points are "older" and some are "younger" so it's valid to talk about the age of souls even though they are eternal and changeless. The age of a soul depends on where in the expansion of Indra's net it's located.

Indra's net is eternal, infinite and changeless. It's the manifestation of Indra's net which expands as time. And the manifestation expands in the amount of information manifested reality contains. And the more information the higher on the evolutionary scale. So evolution always moves into higher order and the arrow of time always moves forward.

Then what about relative time and time travel? My model predicts that Einstein's relativity is false and that time is only relative in the sense of the past expanding. Quantum mechanics on the other hand is compatible with my model, not the interpretations involving randomness but for example the pilot wave theory, including nonlocality since everything is connected.