Aftermoonwalker

Homeless man talks openly about being addicted to heroin.

4 posts in this topic

Would like to share this with you guys, this man is very much aware of his situation, but still struggles to get out of drug addiction..

Oh I saw this one on YT too. He seems quite levelheaded. But that's the discrepancy between rationality and shadow. The driving force is always hidden in the shadow. 

On 9/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, Aftermoonwalker said:

Would like to share this with you guys, this man is very much aware of his situation, but still struggles to get out of drug addiction..

To me this is a great and rare example of someone who is..... how do I put it, living his life in a way that could easily be judged as off course from what is healthy, but is doing what he's doing because he wants to and isn't ready to stop yet. 

I was in his shoes, I'd binge out on drugs but deep down knew I could stop when I wanted.  I liked the escape and freedom that drugs gave and because i was in a society that saw this type of behavior in their own unique lens, saw me as in need of help or off course, hell there was a part of society in me/mind that was giving me these judgements as well.

All the power to him, when he's ready he'll get off, but for now let him enjoy his life path and the risks that it has.  No path is without risks even the so called 9-5, get a degree, married and hope for the best route, lol.

All that said, if you've proven to yourself that your addicted and can't control you actions and that your drug or item of choice leads and pulls you and you can't help it, then overcome this and find a way to maintain your inner freedom.

On 2020/9/14 at 11:18 PM, Mu_ said:

To me this is a great and rare example of someone who is..... how do I put it, living his life in a way that could easily be judged as off course from what is healthy, but is doing what he's doing because he wants to isn't ready to stop yet. 

This is a new perspective that I've never explored. Thanks!