Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SirVladimir

I realized why social media drain me. Here's why.

3 posts in this topic

Hey, a bit of an update on the previous thread.

I have come to the bottom of this, while still having things to work on. This might interest you.

The reason why social media drain me - not as a consumer, but as a creator - is lack of authenticity between me and my audience. This is the case on Instagram. The platform is simply not suitable for the audience I am looking for.

@mathieu rushed with the advice to listen to one's body. It is truly a down-to-earth advice; one very helpful because the drainage stemmed from fear. See, the body had known it from the start. It is actually a good thing social media drained me - and I'll use the singular form Instagram from now on. The body had in fact recognized an incongruence; I was feeling drained because I knew my average follower on Instagram wouldn't get the whole picture. Don't get me wrong. The art of, well, art, lies in mysticism, and sort of diving into its infinite depth, but this isn't your usual mystical deal. I'm talking about teaching a horse how to drink; about a fundamental difference in the world-view of my original audience and mine. 

The drainage was a manifestation of fear I did not want to admit - that it's time to stop and start anew. My own body was trying to persuade me because deep down it had known it was a waste of time to continue building a brittle castle. Oh, I am so glad I listened.

Now I know: I gotta rebuild everything. Because that is what I feared the most as I had become attached to numbers. To start from zero. Only this time, with the correct targeted audience. With people that will actually care about the beauty of psychedelics - and reading on them.

What this means in practice is simple. I have to focus my efforts towards finding the correct audience, i.e. psychonauts. Which was practically impossible on Instagram. Now I see why. I hadn't even known my life purpose when I started there. 

I've updated my signature to link up with my Facebook page, instead. Facebook Groups are a good starting point for connecting with like-minded individuals. I feel much better already, although the engagement is not perfect. Other places I will seek at are:

• Forums - I'll begin with something like Shroomery or Nexus - you guys I consider my cult family. (Joking. :D
  • Facebook Pages related to psychedelics - you can comment as a page, which is great because it's direct. 
  • Collaborations with YouTube channels - but first I need to finish writing the First Volume of J.B.E. to have a tangible product.
  • Reddit communities
  • Have I missed anything?

Here's another factor that kicks me up instead of draining my energy: When I find a like-minded individual on a media, I can actually lead a conversation with them on an equal level, instead of being dependent on a one-sided 'throwing shit at the wall,' as is often the case in today's marketing... as is the case with an incorrect audience. 

Now it's just about finding the right people, and building the right community. 

You won't get what you want on Instagram. You need fellow actualizers. That you only get on specific boards. 

Very few people really interested in such things 

But you will do good. Just stay away from toxic stuff 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I know. I had to learn the hard way through being present there for a year. That's why actualizers are a precious soil. ;)