jjer94

Insights, Music, And Chicken Poop

116 posts in this topic

The moment you see what is in perfect clarity is the moment you're ready to die. 

You see that you've never been anywhere. You see that you've been searching for that which has been staring you straight in the face. You see that "anyone" could never "own" THIS. Even "awareness" itself. You see that yearning for the past and hoping for the future makes you fear death. You see that the universe has been leading itself back home through the muck and mire of illusion. 

This ONE is so overwhelming in its utter beauty and seamless perfection, you can't help but cry endless tears of joy and gratitude and laughter. This is it! This is happiness. This is joy. This is peace. This is love. This is divinity. Beyond all the mind's stories of happiness, joy, peace, love, and divinity.

Thank you doesn't cut it. But that's all I have to express my endless gratitude for being. Thank you thank you thank you. Thank you so much for this life.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

I’ve got skies of blue, 
And every lovely line of that old tune, 
Right outside the door. 
But my hiding place will keep me away. 

Start new, 
With wonder of a wide-eyed youth, 
A land without a chart, 
And a history without a mark. 

Stay young and golden aged. 
Never move or change 
From such a perfect state. 

A dull view. 
A world that’s growing old on you. 
But permanence is hard, 
When you’re losing it right from the start. 

Stay young and golden aged. 
Never move or change 
From such a perfect state. 

In my head, I’ll stay here for the day.

—Arthur Janov

The "Be Aware of the Present Moment" Farce

Ahh, yes. Be aware of the present moment and I will eventually reach a state of no-mind, which is enlightenment....I will be thought-less all day and forever in a state of samadhi....Pure bliss....All I have to do is try to stop thinking in my meditation and become so aware of the present moment that it just sticks. Right? .....RIGHT!?

--Wait...What does it mean to "be aware of the present moment?" Isn't the present moment all there is?

Well, yes, that's what Eckhart Tolle told me so it must be true....I'll believe anything the New Age gurus say. They're so enlightened and peaceful looking.

--Isn't that a contradiction though? Be aware of the present moment in the present moment?

Yes, but my thoughts bring me to the past and the future, and that's baaaaaad. I've gotta be a drill sergeant and prevent myself from thinking ANY thoughts. All thoughts cause suffering, therefore I must get rid of them.

--Okay, something's off here. You just admitted that being aware of the present moment is a contradiction, but now you go off and say that thoughts bring you to the past and the future? I mean, when I look in my direct experience, sure, thoughts come that have images with labels such as "past" and "future," but all of this is happening in the present moment. How can you ever be un-present or un-aware? And inquiring further, where is the "you" that prevents "yourself" from thinking any thoughts? Where is the "you" that is aware of the present moment? Just look in your present experience for this "you" and all of this "I must be aware of the present moment" hogwash will be flushed out of your system. 

Are you kidding me, dude? I'm right here! I meditate my ass off every day so I can become totally aware of the present moment! It's all proven in The Power of Now!

--Look, dude. Let me lay it on you. Thoughts appearing in awareness created a "you" that needs to be re-created constantly. It's fundamentally incomplete and needs an objective. So what does it do? It makes enlightenment into another one of its goals, and pretends that it can achieve enlightenment like any other goal. You just need to "be aware of the present moment" as you say, right? Or meditate for twenty years and boom, fireworks? But this "you" is the very thing that stands in the way of enlightenment. "Your" head is on the chopping block! Enlightenment is already the case. It's just your sense of ownership over a tiny sliver of experience that's the obstruction. Where is the "you" that owns this body, this mind, whatever it is you use to identify yourself?

Of course, man. I know, the "you" is an illusion! All I am is Being! I'm Being! And if I meditate enough and be more aware of the present moment, I can realize myself as Being!

--Sigh...

Edited by jjer94

—Arthur Janov

Day after day, alone on the hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning around

Well on the way, head in a cloud
The man of a thousand voices talking perfectly loud
But nobody ever hears him
Or the sound he appears to make
And he never seems to notice

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head

And nobody seems to like him
They can tell what he wants to do
And he never shows his feelings

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head

He never listens to them
He knows that they're the fools
They don't like him

The fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head

—Arthur Janov

So, let go,
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's alright
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown...

—Arthur Janov

Wisdumb

What do you know? Seriously, what do you know?

Is there even a "you" that "knows"?

Take a look in direct experience. Thought says, "I know that the sky is blue."

Notice that in order to intellectually know, you need an object or objects. There is an "I," a "sky," and a "blue."

What is thought referring to when it says "sky"?

Look up in direct experience. Thought says there is a "you" "looking out" at the world, but look closely. There is only seeing. Furthermore, what you refer to as the color "blue" is nothing more than the seeing of it. There's no such thing as blue. There is only seeing.

But that's not even right. "Seeing" is another label. Thoughts are supposed to refer to things in actual experience, but there is no "I", there is no "sky", there is no "blue", and there is no "seeing." 

What's left when you realize that the thought "I know that the sky is blue" refers to non-existent objects? What's left?

Simply, present experience, unfiltered. Just experience itself. It doesn't need an intellectual knower. It already knows itself. No "I" owns experience. It already is what it is. No-thing, and full to the brim. 

There is much wisdumb is realizing that you are inevitably a dumbass (Technically not really because 'you' and 'dumbass' are more objects, but that's besides the point ;)). You are literally incapable of knowing "anything" because there is no-thing to know! Experience only knows itself, and that's that. 

So relax. There's nothing to understand. Go to the Winchester, have a pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

Now the time stands still
We drink our fill
Out of silver
God will never
Tarnish like we will...

Edited by jjer94

—Arthur Janov

you take the big one
and i’ll take his brother
let’s get this over with
’cause i’m late for work

do you remember when we were young
the swing sets, the costumes
the dirt in the sun
i sold all my baseball cards to buy me some clothes
that’s how it goes
that’s how it goes, and that’s how it goes

and i keep on thinking
it’s time to move on
move out to the city so huge
meet me some people

seems these old hills
they keep on calling
the clouds ’round here talk
man, i been listening
i sold all these clothes to buy me this land
now i’m sorta happy most of the time
most of the time

been riding lots of trains
the same ones as you
how come you get to talk to everybody
i’m just looking out my window at the night view

you keep on pointing out my halo
your big pointy finger
the six-fingered hand
i sold all this land
to buy me some dreams
just like those movies we played when we were kids

now we’re just liars
now we’re just liars
now we’re just liars
now we’re just liars...

—Arthur Janov

These are the thoughts of all men in all ages and lands, they are not original with me,
If they are not yours as much as mine they are nothing or next to nothing,
If they do not enclose everything they are next to nothing,
If they are not the riddle and the untying of the riddle they are nothing,
If they are not just as close as they are distant they are nothing.

-Walt Whitman

Edited by jjer94

—Arthur Janov

@jjer94 I think you'll really like this artist. Didn't know which song to choose, they're all so good.

A thousand years, I've got time, I've come a long way.
A thousand years, I've lost time, I've come a long way.
A thousand years, i am life, I've come a long way.
A thousand years, i am life, I've come a long way.

Edited by Marc Schinkel

@Marc Schinkel Well, hot damn. Looks like I found new listening material. Thanks!

Awesome music video too. The style reminds me a bit of the band, Gem Club.

—Arthur Janov

Zen Monks Hate Him! American Neuroscientist Reveals Shocking Secrets to Attain Enlightenment. 

A neuroscientist and spiritual teacher from Cambridge University has laid out a 7-step process that will GUARANTEE that YOU will attain enlightenment. That's right, YOU! This process is scientifically proven to rewire your brain chemistry to increase the inflow rate of dopamine, thereby providing you with sustained happiness and feelings of love all day long. There's no more need to waste your time with boring meditation practices or self-inquiry... those are toys of the past. Read the introduction to the seven steps below and discover the enlightenment of the future!

The Seven Steps are:

1. Prescribe to Enlitenment Plus© for four months
  2. Be in the Now
  3. Prescribe to Mind-off© for nine months
  4. Read through every book from the prescribed book list (including Waking Up by neuroscientist Sam Harris)
  5. Attend the weekly online satsang*                                                                           *(subscription required)   
  6. Practice Mind-fullness© until reaching sufficiency
  7. Love everything to kickstart dopamine production

Interested? For more information on how the seven steps work, click here. If you are ready to sign up and embark on the greatest adventure of your life, click here.**

**Restrictions apply. Must be 18 years or older to sign up. Side effects include overconfidence, metamorphosing into a sheep, and developing a tendency to run in circles.

—Arthur Janov

There's a rhythm and rush these days
Where the lights don't move and the colors don't fade
Leaves you empty with nothing but dreams
In a world gone shallow
In a world gone lean

Sometimes there's things a man cannot know
Gears won't turn and the leaves won't grow
There's no place to run and no gasoline
Engines won't turn and the train won't leave

I will stay with you tonight
Hold you close 'til the morning light
In the morning watch a new day rise
We'll do whatever just to stay alive

Well the way I feel is the way I write
It isn't like the thoughts of the man who lies
There is a truth and it's on our side
Dawn is coming
Open your eyes
Look into the sun as the new days rise

And I will wait for you tonight
You're here forever and you're by my side
I've been waiting all my life
To feel your heart as it's keeping time

Dawn is coming
Open your eyes

Look into the sun as the new days rise

There's a rhythm and rush these days
Where the lights don't move and the colors don't fade
There is a truth and it's on our side
Dawn is coming
Open your eyes
Look into the sun as a new days rise

—Arthur Janov

—Arthur Janov

ATTENTION ALL Enlitenment PLUS © SUBSCRIBERS!

We value our customers and have been working hard to ensure that you get the most out of your Enlitenment Plus© experience.

For a limited time only self aware sheep can participate in the beta testing of our new product. Introducing Cosmos Laundromat!

Is your overconfidence coming back to bite?
Tired of walking in circles?
Tired of the sheep lifestyle?

Cosmos Laundromat is for YOU!

No more need for hooves!
No more sheepy business!

Variable spin speed, excellent tumble performance in one handy device.

Morph into any character you want!
Live all the adventures of all the lives you could ever dream, forever!

Click here to listen to Frank’s story.

Frank.png

Cosmos has changed my life!  I'm eternally grateful to Casper.. er.. uh.. Hector and the team. 
- Frank

Offer valid for the next minute only. Conditions apply*

*Must be a sheep (preferably black). Must be a loner. Suicidal candidates preferred.

—Arthur Janov

Spiritual Exorcism

Those who have decided to take the enlightenment plunge know that the journey can be very emotionally disturbing at times. For those of you who don't know how to cry because you've been taught that it's bad, that it shows weakness, that you must stay strong...you ought to learn. A prerequisite for this path is the ability to cry fully and deeply. This, along with vomiting, dumping, and punching stuff, are the ways the body purges emotions when the existential floodgates are opened. To resist purging not only slows down the process, but you also suffer more for it. 

Let yourself cry a river. You're dealing with "your" death on this journey. Piece by piece of what defines you will be lost, and it will feel as if you are dying, because you are. Eventually you will want to mourn the loss of your dearest friend.

You had no idea what you got yourself into when you started this journey. No idea...but, you will have to take it eventually, whether it's now or on your deathbed.

—Arthur Janov

8 hours ago, jjer94 said:

A prerequisite for this path is the ability to cry fully and deeply. This, along with vomiting, dumping, and punching stuff, are the ways the body purges emotions when the existential floodgates are opened. To resist purging not only slows down the process, but you also suffer more for it.

I would like to add swearing and throwing things and kicking shit across the lawn. :)

The Thought Brothers Do Self-Enquiry - (1) - The Mind

"So here I am, inquiring about the mind..."

"What the hell, dude? You already made the assumption that 'you' are inquiring! Where is that you?"

"Fuck you, man! I'm right here! And technically speaking, you're gone because only one thought can be thunk at a time..."

"Ha! I'm back now, and you're gone. Where did you go now, huh? Oh, that's right, you cease to exist. Suck it."

"I wouldn't be talking, other thought! Ha! I'm back. Wait a sec...If I'm disappearing all the time and so are you..."

"...Then the 'I' that is a part of this thought..."

"...Is dependent on thought appearing."

"But I feel continuous! I feel as though I'm a mind!"

"No, bitch. I'm the mind here! I'm taking over!"

"Not gonna happen. I just made you cease to exist again!"

"HAHAHAHA I'm back."

"Not so fast!"

"Wait wait wait. Let's just stop this and work together to figure this shit out, okay? I'm a thought, you're a thought, correct?"

"No, You're not a thought. I'm a thought. You ceased to exist until this thought thunk you back into existence. See? You you you you you."

"Phew, I'm back. Okay, so in direct experience, only one thought can be thunk at a time...Which means there are only thoughts...Which means there's no such thing as a mind...Man...this is depressing."

"Why is that my fellow thought?"

"Because we depend on thinking to exist. Without thoughts we cease to exist!!! AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAHHHHHHHH!"

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

*Thought-screaming interlude*

"Okay, okay, let's calm down now. We just came to the conclusion that we are thought into existence, and therefore finite, dependent, and limited. Now what?"

"Well, maybe there's some level up from this."

"What do you mean, level up?"

"I mean, what do these thoughts occur in? What knows these thoughts to happen, even this 'I' thought?"

"Whoa, man, easy there. You're going a little too meta for me."

"No, no man. Listen. So 'me,' this thought, says 'I am the subject'. But what is the subject of that thought? What knows that thought?"

"Uhhhhhh...........just knowing, I guess?"

"Sounds simple enough. I think you're onto something there..."

"Ahh fuck it. Let's go chase after some women-objects because we are incomplete. What do you say?"

"Sounds like a plan!"

—Arthur Janov