Guest username

The Illusion Of Love

106 posts in this topic

I think what has happened is romanticism has taken over, this started in a period about 150 years ago, which was the foundation of what we call 'love' today. So because we're fed things like 'you need to find the one', 'other half' 'soul mate' etc etc, once this is bought into you will feel a defciancy if you dot have this, truth is this doesn't really exist in this form, so the aspiration is flawed from the start. A lot of people when in relationships constantly question whether this person is the 'one', this type of thinking sabother relationships because the expectation is so high. 

This is not to say 'love' doesn't exist but for you to have any chance you'd first have to drop all these assumptions and expecations, which difficult as we've been brought up with this. 

@Matthew Lamot i dont really want to read enlightenment books because it will add to the dogmatism. Would much rather just see what America looks like instead of wasting time memorising the error prone map of it.

Just you seem to do the same as me, and say that my concept is wrong and your concept is right, like on 80% of your replys. Isnt that being hypocritical?

So lets say i do take on your advice, where are the resources for these ultimate teachings? Where are the meditation techniques? What religion are you even talking about?

Edited by electroBeam

9 hours ago, Matthew Lamot said:

You actually have no knowledge base with to come at me, because you dont know the real teaching.  You know the false nonsense, and if people dont abide by that nonsense they are "egotistical" lol

Where have I shown to have no knowledge base to 'come at you' ?

Do you assume I follow some kind of teaching? 

And if I did, no matter what it is, it's false nonsense? 

You assume I know 'crap' about being egotistical because I called your posts that? 

Or maybe I'm just ignorant ? 

Please, enlighten me. 

13 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Matthew Lamot

Just you seem to do the same as me, and say that my concept is wrong and your concept is right, like on 80% of your replys. Isnt that being hypocritical?

I'm actually quite enjoying this, because it gives me the opportunity to slay more bullshit being taught here.

Can you even read?  You are not one bit interested in finding out knowledge that will help you because you have not read a word I've said.  I said repeatedly that if you want to create a 3 Michelin Star meal you use the right materials.

If you want a Big Mac you go to macdonnalds.

There is not room for liberalist fairness and equality of ideas.  That comes after self realization.

First in order to do that you need teachings that wont cause you to believe, but will destroy your delusions.  You dont have those teachings.

This is a really simple formula.  There is no equality in the jivas relative realm.  If the jiva wants to grow into a hypocrite that thinks it has the absolute belief that there is no absolutes, that may look like liberation, but it isnt.  Its a fucking New Age disease of the mind.

The equality is of the Self.  You cannot borrow ideas from the Self willy nilly in a random eclectic way pretending that all paths are the same paths and a mixture of those paths mixed in with a few opinions on an internet forum will bring you liberation.

Take some time, contemplate what Im saying and read James Swartz.  

Like I say, the solution is simple

6 minutes ago, Kenya said:

Please, enlighten me. 

Your words show me you know nothing of the correct non dual teachings.  If you did you would be listening, even supporting what I say.

You disclosed your own ignorance, not me.  But its ok, because I can use your ignorance to back up my statements here.  Its a win win 

@Matthew Lamot 

Yes you are right, ultimately I know nothing, and I don't know or follow the 'correct non-dual teachings'  ^_^

I hope you can transform someone's life for the better with your words, because obviously that person won't be me ! 

Goodluck my friend

@Matthew Lamot Matthew please, stop misinterpreting what im saying. You have misinterpreted me at least 8 times in this post. and it will take too much to point them all out.

I'm after step by step process such as:

1. look at an object and distance yourself from the thoughts of it or whatever your teachings say.

I have asked now 3 times for this information, and you just reply with your BS about what your perspective of enlightenment is. Why not give me links RIGHT NOW, instead of showing me how wrong my worldview is, and how right yours is. Give me the links now, give me the steps now! If you can't do that, no one is going to listen to you, because on actualized.org, we care about enlightenment, not being dogmatic. If you don't like that find some 3 year olds to brain wash. 

and I love that excuse you give, that you are only replying to me to negate me, and to help others. We all know that you are replying to me because you are emotionally stimulated. funny I use to use that BS excuse once too.

Reason why I'm replying, is because I am considering your prespective, in case you do have some good information about reaching higher levels of consciousness, but you don't seem to want to give it to us, is it because you don't have any and youre just bluffing?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and if you really need me to prove to you that I HAVE read your stuff, here you go:

"if you want to create a 3 Michelin Star meal you use the right materials." -> youre saying your ways are better than anyone elses, see that? That's what you accused me and shamed me of doing.

"Non duality means "truth".  Its the truth.  This means it is not an "experience" of non duality.  It means weeding out all the lies from the mind which destroys the binding vasanas.  So true non dual teachings ARE the ultimate no bullshit path.  Thats what Advaita means, its literally means NO BULLSHIT!

So when you say that the jiva (relative self) must learn to accept others, this is a fallacy.  It is a fallacy because it is not part of the teaching.  Its true that in reality there is no hate, but you cannot give the POV of the Self over to the Jiva to make a belief out of.  That is not how it works.  How it works is we respect the relative realm and give the jiva Self Inquiry and teachings to Realize the Self." -> I don't know if you realize this, but all of this is dogma, and you are saying that the above ^ is the truth, and what I wrote is wrong, can't you see how this is dogmatic? You accuse me of doing things that you do!

"Youre a dreamer, but I post responses so I can negate you.  Not because I give a fuck about you, or your liberation.  Someone will read this and say "fuck me, he might have a point".  Those mature and sincere students are few and far between, but they are around." -> you have a lot of hatred against me for an enlightened person.

15 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

I'm actually quite enjoying this, because it gives me the opportunity to slay more bullshit being taught here.

Can you even read?  You are not one bit interested in finding out knowledge that will help you because you have not read a word I've said.  I said repeatedly that if you want to create a 3 Michelin Star meal you use the right materials.

If you want a Big Mac you go to macdonnalds.

There is not room for liberalist fairness and equality of ideas.  That comes after self realization.

First in order to do that you need teachings that wont cause you to believe, but will destroy your delusions.  You dont have those teachings.

This is a really simple formula.  There is no equality in the jivas relative realm.  If the jiva wants to grow into a hypocrite that thinks it has the absolute belief that there is no absolutes, that may look like liberation, but it isnt.  Its a fucking New Age disease of the mind.

The equality is of the Self.  You cannot borrow ideas from the Self willy nilly in a random eclectic way pretending that all paths are the same paths and a mixture of those paths mixed in with a few opinions on an internet forum will bring you liberation.

Take some time, contemplate what Im saying and read James Swartz.  

Like I say, the solution is simple

this isnt techniques btw, its just your opinion on what the self is. You should watch Leo's videos, he gives actual concrete instructions on how to get to enlightenment. Thats what we are all after

Im not enlightened.  That assumption is in your mind.  Its OK though, thats karma.  Its called vasanas that make you project your own subconscious into your apparent world.  There, there is a little teaching just for you.  But there is more if you can be bothered to look at my posting history and even read the links I posted.  Clicking on the link makes you enter a world where you can search for yourself who these teachers are and what they can do.  I'm the messenger.

But to make it easy for you I have already -

Given you the ultimate guide to Self Inquiry.  I posted it on this forum.

I have given you names of real teachers who can help you

Most importantly I have told you that your teachings are nonsense.

Before you learn something new you have to let go of the old.  I appreciate this is hard to do because you have been picking up beliefs on here from teachings that dont mean anything and never will.  

Open mindedness is about doing this, dropping what does not work and trying something else that does.

This is about as lowest common denominator I can make it for anybody.  It really is not hard to grasp 

@Matthew Lamot and one last thing before I stop procrastinating on this forum, stop identifying me with the new age movement, because I have never been involved with it. Everything I am saying has been produced by me, and me only. I heard the word new ageism for the first time on this thread. If you really care about helping others, you wouldn't falsely presume things onto other people

8 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

this isnt techniques btw, its just your opinion on what the self is. You should watch Leo's videos, he gives actual concrete instructions on how to get to enlightenment. Thats what we are all after

No he doesnt.  This is what Im saying.  He is offering an experience.  Not the real teachings.  Find out what the real teachings are and you will get to Self Realization.

But maybe not you, you have a long way to go before youre ready for Advaita I feel.  You cant even read a post for heavens sake!  How the hell are you going to become Self-Realized leaning all the teachings while you cant even read what I'm saying here? lol

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Matthew Lamot and one last thing before I stop procrastinating on this forum, stop identifying me with the new age movement, because I have never been involved with it. Everything I am saying has been produced by me, and me only. I heard the word new ageism for the first time on this thread. If you really care about helping others, you wouldn't falsely presume things onto other people

You are saying your ideas about enlightenment are yours?  Yes they are, thats the problem.  That is New Age thinking, because experiences dont get you enlightened.  Teachings (real teachings), Self Inquiry and contemplation get you Self Realized..

And a burning desire to find the truth also.  Which you dont have.

@Matthew Lamot ok one last time:

If you are giving me good advice, its very indirect and construed, I've looked at all of your replys just then, and cannot find ANYTHING that I can actually implement in my meditaiton habit. NOTHING. You have written heaps of shit about karma, and about how karma makes me a lost cause, and about how im the product of the jiva-> niave because im not listening to you, and about how im too gullible, and about how I'm misguided for sitting down every morning for 30 minutes and watching my thoughts(because thats new agey), and about how our enlightenment is half baked, and about how you are already the self, and about how my belief about reality is wrong. Like wtf does Maya and jiva,
even mean?

^How the hell is that going to get me higher awareness?

Just give me one quote that will help me get enlightened? just one little step. like idk distance yourself from thoughts,
then let them go. Just one. Why wont you do that? I've looked at your profile, you dont have shit about self inquiry, just arguing with people on other posts again about your belief.

Here ill even give you a template because you are so lofty and airy fairy:

True Enlightened leaders:

1. blabla

2. blabla

Enlightenment steps to do every morning:

1. sit down and take big breathes

2. focus on your breathing

3. get into the present moment

4. watch all of your thoughts

Links and resources for further reading:

1. www.whatever.com

2. www.MatthewIsAwesome.com

I know you wont do the above, because if you were really sincere about changing people, you would have already given us this information in the first place. I'm just writing this post to negate you lol

@electroBeam

3 people have already approached me by private message.  One of them asked me to evaluate his state experience and I told him what it was.  He rejected the idea so I knew he was not serious by his combative tone.  

The other two are getting a shit load of information from me about my take on it.  Plus links, plus other bits and bobs of info.

I don't work hard for arseholes, I work hard for people who want to have a civil and interested conversation.

Do the dirty work yourself and look at the sources I've posted here.  

@electroBeam And like I said, I dont give two hoots about your liberation.  You are not ready, you cannot have a normal conversation without giving a person grief about their attitude, you want it all on a silver plate, you prove yourself to be dogmatic and you miss the teaching right in front of your eyes, the conversation is the teaching.  There is more, but you must do the work to go after it.  What, am I your mother? lol Grow up

@Matthew Lamot you're not working hard for me, you're working hard for people who will look at this forum. Remember what you said about how you are trying to negate me?

Just now, electroBeam said:

@Matthew Lamot you're not working hard for me, you're working hard for people who will look at this forum. Remember what you said about how you are trying to negate me?

Thats right.  I have been consistent.  You personally, looking at your behaviour I will not co operate with .  Those mature and ready students I spot a mile away, and will bend over backward to help.

Remember, Im a jiva, not a saint.  9_9

@Matthew Lamot ive tried Matthew, I re-read all of your posts, i looked at your profile, and i came up with the summary i wrote down, how much more can i really do?

Again, you are not cooperating with me, you are helping others who look at this forum, I am not the only one involved here

Edited by electroBeam

2 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Matthew Lamot ive tried Matthew, I re-read all of your posts, i looked at your profile, and i came up with the summary i wrote down, how much more can i really do?

Again, you are not cooperating with me, you are helping others who look at this forum, I am not the only one involved here

There is enough information here to get people going, trust me.  You cannot see it, because youre more interested in a vasana called lets have a go at dogamtic religious people.  You must burn off a serious amount of karma (again with looking and seeking and learning from your mistakes until Advaita finds you for real) before you can even conceptualize the teaching. Maybe you dont see it because you cannot read between the lines?

I dont know. :|

Maybe you need Mooji?  You have had the whole complete karma yoga teaching about 4 times already on this thread.  You just cant see it.

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

OK, I will list the teachings I have shared here.

1) Enlightenment is not an experience, it is not even Nirvikalpa Samadhi.  Self - Realization is knowledge.  Knowledge is when the entire bodymind knows truth.  Most "awakened" people are only aware of a cognitive realization.  This is still the ego, despite 'beliefs' of non-duality.  This is the major distinction between actual Self-Realization and what is being taught by the likes of Mooji, Jed Mackenna, Tony Parsons et all.   

2) Karma Yoga - The jiva (person) is not responsible for his results.  The field (the environment) is responsible for his results.  This teaching when understood chops off a vasanas called "worry" "manipulation" and many more, because the person is not "thinking" about the results.  He is not outcome dependent.  That is karma yoga.  

3) Vasanas - the subconscious

4) Self inquiry - Letting the I thought rest in the Self.  This means putting attention onto the screen rather than any object and holding it there.  You can do this while doing normal things like work.

5) Being normal.  Allowing the jiva his natural tendencies and letting the Self do the purification and dissolution of delusion by itself.  The jiva cannot do anything about it's mental illness.

6) Being responsible.  Even though the jiva is not real, the relative domain must be aknowledged fully until full Self-Realization.  S.R. is not a rationalization, an experience, or an event and it cannot be spoken of or made into a belief like the Neo Advaita crew try to teach.

7) The critique on false teachings is a teaching itself.  It is designed to blow a vasana that makes the person think all the time about obtaining extra knowlege or insight from others.

8) Desire - do not make desire the enemy.  Desire, intense desire for liberation is what ultimately leads to S.R.  The desire must be the "right" desire, and not the desire to get involved with the illusion, but a desire to rest as the Self.  Renunciation.

9) Non-duality and duality differentiation.  Duality is the jivas experience, so experience must be respected and not denied, ever.  Non duality, the teaching that what you see in front of you is your own thoughts, your own consciousness.  But because this goes against mundane experience we need to be even more careful of ignoring duality.  The Self's POV must be contemplated on deeply using the right sources for this particular non-dual path and not be mixed with other teachings that will confuse the jiva.

10) Hunt down, get involved with a Self-Realized and fully credible teacher versed in traditional Veda because if you don't then you will buy into the strawmen that the New Age have put up against the traditions.  Neo Advaita and Boomeritis Buddhism and shit like crazy wisdom teachings are all gigantic straw-men arguments and sub-traditions that are incomplete and a waste of time.  You need the teachers guidance when these strawmen are put up against your path.  

Edited by Matthew Lamot
Added teachings and added the word neo