CVKBT

Are we the sum of our environment?

7 posts in this topic

Everytime I'm angry at someone or reflect back on my own path, I clearly see that we are all just the sum of our environment (I as Ego; not Consciousness).

If someone pisses me off big time, I think very quickly of the chain reaction, that led to this situation of him pissing me off and me being pissed off.

Why am I being pissed off? Clearly because of some past experience, which shapes my reaction. 

Why is he pissing me off? Because the way his environment shaped him, made him act like he does. 

Not more, not less.

The same applies for love, passion, hate, frustration, depression and any other emotion or reaction. And maybe even Consciousness?

What are your thoughts about this?

@CVKBT

Infinite can not know finite. Infinite appears as finite , & identifies as finite. Infinite, aware of this “identity” can see through it. There is less & less reaction & identifying, as there is less & less believing perspectives of twoness...and ultimately there never was “reaction” (oneness). That is, one is never actually reacting, but only interpreting & believing as such. It feels so because of the very falsity of the interpretation. The, “it’s because of him, her, this, or that...that I feel this way and am behaving this way” factor. The ignorance at play is not bad per se, it’s simply because infinite can not know finite. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Meta-Man That makes sense. Never had a non-dual breakthrough whatsoever, but I can still comprehend it from an energetic or a materialist standpoint. My movement necessarily implicates the movement of my surroundings.

@Nahm I gotta be honest, I don't quite understand the "infinite can not know finite" part, since (by theory) the infinite is precisely the finite? At the same time, I really don't care about the theoretical stuff that much, experiencing it directly is way more intriguing for me. To experience what you are talking about, I'll probably need to be in a really high state of consciousness I guess.

Nevertheless I think I understand the following: I strongly believe in the story of "sums being made up" and reactions being reacted. Slowly but surely I recognize how I'm reacting to things, that are not me. I guess one day I will realize that there never ever was somebody, who was reacting to the things around him?

Why did you put the actually in italics? Do things change, when we exist in actuality? When we tune in into actuality, does the false identification fade away?

5 hours ago, CVKBT said:

I gotta be honest, I don't quite understand the "infinite can not know finite" part, since (by theory) the infinite is precisely the finite?

Appears to be. Consider...if there is infinite...that inherently means there isn’t “finite”. 

At the same time, I really don't care about the theoretical stuff that much, experiencing it directly is way more intriguing for me. To experience what you are talking about, I'll probably need to be in a really high state of consciousness I guess.

It’s the whole of experience right now. Needing to be, or reaching a high state of consciousness, such as having a mystical or peak state experience is one way to go about it. Another is letting go of thought attachment, no longer believing thoughts. Both is kind of ideal maybe. 

Nevertheless I think I understand the following: I strongly believe in the story of "sums being made up" and reactions being reacted. Slowly but surely I recognize how I'm reacting to things, that are not me. I guess one day I will realize that there never ever was somebody, who was reacting to the things around him?

That’s great. You’re aware of the reactions...are you aware of a you which is reacting, or is that ‘you’ being assumed? Maybe you’re not aware of things that are not you. Maybe it’s all you, and the reactions ‘cover that up’ so to speak. 

Why did you put the actually in italics?

To draw attention to it, that you might consider, in spite of appearance, there is no reaction because there are not two...there’s no separation between what you might call the catalyst of the reaction, and the reaction. The entirety of experience is one ‘substance’. Quantum mechanics is great for expanding the mind to realize this. Superposition, double slit, Schrodinger’s cat, Heidelberg's uncertainty principle, entanglement, etc. 

Do things change, when we exist in actuality?

You might say the change is the surrendering of the thoughts, beliefs & ideas that you are in actuality...and then therefore beginning to realize you are actuality. (Or what the word points to, if you will) That all is actually Being...Infinite Being...appearing as separate things, and the concepts ‘themselves’ of ‘separate things’. Scrutinize in observance, in direct experience, as well as theoretically with QM’s...find any actuality of separation beyond any assumptions and or fooling of the senses. 

When we tune in into actuality, does the false identification fade away?

Yes, experientially, but there isn’t one to fade away. Imagine watching a movie where identification / identity ‘fades away’ and the character is experiencing that....while you are knowing it’s a movie, of which the only actuality is the screen appearing as what is believed to be ‘a character’ and ‘the movie’. The false identity is perpetuated now, and there is only now. You are the ‘substance’ that is Now.  Thoughts appear about the character (self referential thinking) and thoughts appear about a past (memory). These thoughts only appear now. If the thoughts are believed, attached to...the story, or movie & character seem to be actual. If the thoughts are not believed, what is seen to be actual is that the entirety is only actually appearing to transpire now...an appearance .....’happening too to no one, because there are not two. Without two components, there is no “reaction”. (One ‘thing’ reacting to another ‘thing’.)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Everything is the sum of everything. For your littlefinger to move, the entire cosmos must move. There are no separate parts.

This 100%.

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s the whole of experience right now. Needing to be, or reaching a high state of consciousness, such as having a mystical or peak state experience is one way to go about it. Another is letting go of thought attachment, no longer believing thoughts. Both is kind of ideal maybe.

Yes! The latter is definitely very applicable for day to day life. I'll stay observant.

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Quantum mechanics is great for expanding the mind to realize this. Superposition, double slit, Schrodinger’s cat, Heidelberg's uncertainty principle, entanglement

I will definitely check these out!

@Nahm Thank you very much for the detailed answer! That's a whole lot to contemplate there for the coming time... I really do appreciate it, thank you 9_9