Preety_India

Words are powerful

67 posts in this topic

Free will and animal suffering

One of the weaknesses of the free will defense is its inapplicability or contradictory applicability with respect to evils faced by animals and the consequent animal suffering. Some scholars, such as David Griffin, state that the free will, or the assumption of greater good through free will, does not apply to animals.[58][59] In contrast, a few scholars while accepting that “free will” applies in a human context, have posited an alternative “free creatures” defense, stating that animals too benefit from their physical freedom though that comes with the cost of dangers they continuously face.[60]

The “free creatures” defense has also been criticized, in the case of caged, domesticated and farmed animals who are not free and many of whom have historically experienced evil and suffering from abuse by their owners. Further, even animals and living creatures in the wild face horrendous evils and suffering – such as burn and slow death after natural fires or other natural disasters or from predatory injuries – and it is unclear, state Bishop and Perszyk, why an all-loving God would create such free creatures prone to intense suffering.[60] Another line of extended criticism of free will defense has been that if God is perfectly powerful, knowing and loving, then he could have actualized a world with free creatures without moral evil where everyone chooses good, is always full of loving-kindness, is compassionate, always non-violent and full of joy, where earth were just like the monotheistic concept of heaven. If God did create a heaven with his love, an all-loving and always-loving God could have created an earth without evil and suffering for animals and human beings just like heaven.[61]

Soul-making or Irenaean theodicy

The soul-making or Irenaean theodicy is named after the 2nd century French theologian Irenaeus, whose ideas were adopted in Eastern Christianity.[62] It has been discussed by John Hick, and the Irenaean theodicy asserts that evil and suffering are necessary for spiritual growth, for man to discover his soul, and God allows evil for spiritual growth of human beings.[62]

The Irenaean theodicy has been challenged with the assertion that many evils do not seem to promote spiritual growth, and can be positively destructive of the human spirit. Hick acknowledges that this process often fails in our world.[63] A second issue concerns the distribution of evils suffered: were it true that God permitted evil in order to facilitate spiritual growth, then we would expect evil to disproportionately befall those in poor spiritual health. This does not seem to be the case, as the decadent enjoy lives of luxury which insulate them from evil, whereas many of the pious are poor, and are well acquainted with worldly evils.[64]Thirdly, states Kane, human character can be developed directly or in constructive and nurturing loving ways, and it is unclear why God would consider or allow evil and suffering to be necessary or the preferred way to spiritual growth.[65] Further, horrendous suffering often leads to dehumanization, its victims in truth do not grow spiritually but become vindictive and spiritually worse.[66]

This reconciliation of the problem of evil and God, states Creegan, also fails to explain the need or rationale for evil inflicted on animals and resultant animal suffering, because “there is no evidence at all that suffering improves the character of animals, or is evidence of soul-making in them”.[66]

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Tiamat 

4azcjv.jpg

4azch4.jpg

Bought a book on Satanism yesterday. 

Don't judge me please. Please. 

I haven't fully explored Satanism yet. I am just a beginner. Just trying to.. 

Not there yet. 

I have explored it before when I wrote about Santa Muerte in my journals but that was long ago. 

But there was hardly anything 

This time a deeper exploration. 

I have decided to create my own subcultures. I will name them and describe them 

I will follow them. These are going to be like genres/subcultures. 

the subcultures in my mind right now are specifically related to Satanism 

One is Grimroze. This is about romantic Satanism or Satanic Romanticism. 

Next is an art form of Satanism, which I will call Grimroth

And one more. 

The one that deals exclusively with the idea of  evil and Suffering, sadness and failure/despair. 

I will call this subculture grimreeth. 

Grimroze

4b33mw.jpg

Grimroth 

4b33qm.jpg

Grimreeth 

4b33rz.jpg

Grimroth

Makeup, art, style, jewelry, bodywork and outfits. 

4b38lq.jpg

4b3ahq.jpg

4b3aif.jpg

4b3aj3.jpg

4b3akf.jpg

4b3alc.jpg

4b3amh.jpg

4b3anm.jpg

4b3aoi.jpg

4b3apc.jpg

4b3apx.jpg

4b3aqw.jpg