Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynnel

Coffe And Bulletproff Coffee

7 posts in this topic

Hey !

I'm wondering how to select a good coffee and also how to make (and in which proportions) a nice bulletproof coffee you could consume daily ?

What about the MTC oil, the coconut oil and the grass-fed butter ?

What are your experiences with this ?

I'm not sure about mold, you'll have to research the manufacturers and brands. It's not a problem in my country. I would opt in for a lighter roast, as it will have more caffeine and won't make you crash.

As far as the recipe goes, you can simply adjust it according to your taste. It's not a magic fat loss drink. The only benefits of it are that it will make you satiated for many hours. It can be an easy way to load a ton of calories with. Also, I would imagine you would only benefit from bulletproof coffee if you follow a low carb ketogenic diet. You don't want to consume high amounts of fat on a moderate to high carb diet. There's no reason to drink it when you have breakfast either. It's only a great intermittent fasting tool.

I drink my own variation of bulletproof coffee every day. 

• 1 raw egg
  • 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon, ginger and turmeric
  • 1 tbsp raw cacao, sea kelp powder and chaga mushroom
  • 1 tbsp coconut flakes, chopped up avocado seed and some Chia seeds
  • coffee

Blend it up and tastes amazing. Puts me into deep ketosis and I don't have to eat anything until dinner.

Best tip I can give you is  - don't start putting spoonfuls of fat into your drinks. It will simply add a ton of calories to your diet. It's also a bad habit. Drink bulletproof coffee by adding a few tablespoons to keep you satiated and create a unique flavor.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

@Siim Land How do you gain muscle if you only have this drink to break fast, and don't eat anything until diner? That's far from getting enough calories to grow muscles right?

@Paul EMD Of course you can build muscle. Meal timing isn't detrimental when it comes to body composition. You'll simply have to eat a surplus of calories. In fact, staying underfed during the day will increase nutrient partitioning and protein synthesis. Your body stimulates human growth hormone, which will then get released by 2000% during sleep. Also, fasting suppresses mTOR, which is the main muscle building pathway, but after you start eating again, you'll have a triple rebound effect, because your body will perceive the necessity of upregulating anabolism. Fasting is actually an amazing way to stimulate quality lean muscle growth, as opposed to simply eating 6 times a day, which will lead to insulin resistance and excessive fat accumulation

Body Mind Empowerment 

@Siim Land

Thanks for all the information, I can see the benefits here. 

However, how do you manage to get enough calories with a single meal, or even two and still have a caloric surplus? Kind of hard and unhealthy to get over 2,500 calories in one or two meals no?

@Paul EMD It's not hard to consume 2000 calories in one meal, if you add some healthy fats, such as butter and olive oil. Also, you can choose to have more calories in the morning by adding more fat to your drink. If you eat a bucketful of food and feel bloated then you'll probably be very uncomfortable and bloated but there aren't any other negative side-effects to health. Nutrient density is key. This way you'll be satiated but not so full you can't move anymore. 

Body Mind Empowerment