Gsizm

YouTube Premium: Free Alternatives

4 posts in this topic

YouTube premium, as Leo pointed out correctly, is awesome and I have been using it for a couple of years. However, several months back, I found a free and fully functional alternative that offers exactly the same functionality and to the best of my knowledge works without bugs. The app, YouTube Vanced, can be installed on Android devices and you will need to do a little bit of prep work as it is not available on Google Play Store for obvious reasons.

Installation of the YouTube Vanced APK is fairly easy and this video explains how one can do it in less than five minutes: 

I am sure there are other free alternatives to YouTube Premium, both for Android and iOS devices, so if you know about them you can share this info in the comments below and put the resulting savings to better use, perhaps even to supporting Leo on Patreon. :)

Not the same functionality but i use an app called yt mini. You watch an ad maybe one time a day or less but then it leaves you alone. You can minimize and lock your screen and make playlists but you can't read comments. 

If you want to still support the channels you watch on phone, you can download Auto Skip Ads Pro from play store. It mutes the ads and skips them after the minimum wait time.

Its also Google approved app, so it shouldnt do anything shady in the background.

Its not perfect tho. Sometimes it dont autoskip or block ads, but it does work 99% of time.

Edited by Hansu

We don't promote piratery on this forum.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.