Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Ray

What does enlightened compassion feel like?

9 posts in this topic

I have a quick question, I know this may make me look like an emotionless robot but I really want to know

what does compassion feel like for those on the spiritual path? for years I have felt stage blue guilt and this was called "compassion" .

" look at all of those poor people in other countries who have nothing, you don't deserve any of this stuff that you have, you should have "compasion" on others who have less because you don't deserve this life and all of your stuff."but this felt a lot like guilt and shame, saying "I wast good enough" or "I dont deserve to be happy" or "I deserve to suffer like others suffer but for some weird reason you got this material stuff and a life that you don't deserve". 

What does compassion feels like at higher vibrations? is it a good feeling or a bad feeling? If I see someone suffering, then do I have to suffer with them in order to feel "compassion". What does compassion mean for you?  is compassion anything close to the feeling of guilt, shame or unworthiness? 

there is so much suffering in the world and I feel like i have been trying to ignore and not think of it. I dont demonize or ridicule anyone I just try and avoid feeling their suffering. I feel emotionally week right now but I want to know how to deal with this moving up the spiral and towards a more spiritual life.

Thank you

@Jay Ray

Suffering is a misunderstanding. Compassion is visceral understanding, intelligence, knowing, feeling, the ‘fabric of reality’. Nothing, 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Jay Ray

Suffering is a misunderstanding. Compassion is visceral understanding, intelligence, knowing, feeling, the ‘fabric of reality’. Nothing, 

how does this relate to people and their suffering? moving towards a more spiritual life, what is the best way to look at other people's suffering?  should I feel what they feel or just love them without taking on their "baggage". 

Thank you  

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Jay Ray Compassion is visceral understanding, intelligence, knowing, feeling, the ‘fabric of reality’.

@Nahm I couldn’t have describe it better. Thank you! ?

24 minutes ago, Jay Ray said:

how does this relate to people and their suffering? moving towards a more spiritual life, what is the best way to look at other people's suffering?  should I feel what they feel or just love them without taking on their "baggage". 

Thank you  

It relates in that ‘people and their suffering’, ‘other peoples suffering’, ‘feeling what they feel’, ‘love them’ and ‘their baggage’ can be inspected and realized to be beliefs, your suffering, without a a justifiable or supporting actuality. The full circle is such that of course that comment has the potential to come across as down right offensive, or void of compassion, but that is the beginning of transcending suffering that one might assist another in the same endeavor. 

Perhaps spend some time reading on the nature of pain vs suffering. 

@latina25

?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I have never thought that other peoples suffering is a belief that my mind creates, very interesting idea.  The idea that "a person is suffering, therefore "I" should suffer in order to be compassionate" this is littered with dualites. It assumes "I" and "other"  

thank you ^_^

I don't know about "enlightened" compassion specifically, but I can speak to the experience of compassion in general.

I think on a basic level it is a feeling of connection even love with another conscious being.  What flows from that connection is a sense of empathy and appreciation for the unique struggles that life brings for that individual. 

Generally, when I feel compassion for someone I want to reduce their suffering in some way.  Console them if they're feeling sad, or increase their sense of joy.  

It's an extremely wholesome feeling and an experience that feels healthy, positive, and full of love.  The words "good" or "bad" don't encapsulate it very well.

@Heart of Space thank you, I think I will try and look deep into this feeling. I have had the word compassion twisted and distorted so much that I am glad to hear that it can feel "wholesome and positive". 

thank you