Guest SirVladimir

Have you ever read a novel on psychedelics? I have questions.

10 posts in this topic

Hey, loves. I have a peculiar appeal today.

Questions are highlighted at the bottom.

I'm a writer, though only recently my little sheep started bleating in English. But enough of the background, the rest is in my journal. Now for the rare butterfly itself.

I'm interested in combining reading and psychedelics. But for what cause?

As a conscious artist or a creator, one could refer to themselves as to a refracting glass prism. (Thinking of Pink Floyd's logo.)

ImageForArticle_723(1).jpg

The prism's purpose is to refract the Universal love and wisdom it is receiving; onto others. You are the prism. Please, excuse my analogy and take it with a grain of salt. It's the best I came up with.

As such, the glass prism, indeed you, face various problems. One of them is the MASSIVE "information loss" that happens between you and the receiver. Almost all of the original meaning, wisdom and emotions are lost in the transition. You ache to express the boundless, yet through bounded ways such as writing or painting or speaking. And what little amount DOES reach the reader, is skewed and distorted by their world-view and perception.

If you do realize the infinite beauty of art in those forms, good. You know the Truth. But you are a statistical outlier, and to the majority it will remain as described in the paragraph above. 

Now, I'll stick to writing. Of great help to opening up can be psychedelics and other methods (mainly shamanic breathing for me) -- helpful to the point where the writing pulls you in and becomes as real as your hand. Of course the hand itself goes and meets it half along the way, but I don't want to bring any truth-talks here today and spit nonduality. ;)

The point is, with the right mindset, any writing, picture, video game, can become epic adventures you're on. I'm talking about living through the art as the reader.

As the author, it makes sense I have literally lived through the adventures of my characters. But wouldn't it be amazing if you could bring the reader along with you onto the same vibration? 

Perhaps I'm the only one.

Perhaps only I see the scope of possibilites if less "information" got lost in the transition between the creator and the receiver. People dream about virtual reality technology, when in fact the greatest potential has been in front of them the whole time. 

I haven't experienced with microdosing psychedelics while reading, and so I would like to ask you.

1) Have you ever read a novel on psychedelics?

2) If so, did the story become more immersive and fascinating?

3) Did you feel a deeper connection to what the author was trying to say; sort of telepathically?

...or, instead, address any previous point from the post if you have a relevant experience. 

My point for this is to create something fun and adventurous while also being worthwhile to quote in development journals. It could be a whole new branch of art and business. 

Adventure is one of my top values, and while I'm not doing a hardcore spiritual practice, I always held a special place in my heart for things like Uncharted game series or books by Jules Verne. I wouldn't mind explicitly calling my fiction books 'to be read under psychedelics.' :)

Edited by SirVladimir

1. Yes I read 5-10 books while micro dosing lsd

2. Oh yes xD I literally became addicted to reading when I micro dosed. I used to read as long as I could and no other activity made any more sense to me. It's like the perfect satisfaction for my mind.

3. Totally!! I was reading all the Hermann Hesse books at the time and I constantly had the feeling he writes story's about my life and the everything is connected to me, it was truly a magical experience :) (I also have this sober with Hesse books but just a tiny bit).

I also have a friend who recendly tried reading on a micro dose lsd and he basically had the same experience.

It's kind of like you say "living through the art as the reader". Also it's much easier to get in the flow state with a micro dose.

@acidgoofy Ah, man. ^_^ I think I've caught the sweet spot with this one. I was really hoping to hear there would be people like you out there.

Quoting from Hesse's Wikipedia, his works explore an individual's search for authenticity, self-knowledge and spirituality. 

That's as if extracted from the depths of my soul. I'm going to read about his life and peek into his books to explore the content as well, and not just the meta structure.

Writing immersive stories for tripping should have been on my mind since day one. Thank you for your input, it means a lot to me. "The hope now sparks..."

Beep, anyone else? It would mean a lot to me if I could gather more experience of others before diving in to create. :)

"

1) Have you ever read a novel on psychedelics?

2) If so, did the story become more immersive and fascinating?

3) Did you feel a deeper connection to what the author was trying to say; sort of telepathically?"

1. Yes. I read 50-100 pages of "Normal People" (great fucking, novel, I love it) while on the come-down of a 30 mg 2C-B trip a few months ago. When I say "come-down" I mean just after the peak, i.e. I was still tripping a good deal.

2). Yes! It was mind-blowingly fascinating to read while tripping. At least if the substance is 2C-B. I felt SO immersed and connected to the characters. Sure, I can do that too sober, some times, but it was easier on 2C-B.

3). Yes. And I feel this is the same with music. Music sounds SO GOOD on psychedelics. I believe psychedelics removes all ego-filters that distorts the "message"/"emotions" that the artist is trying to convey (be it through music or fiction or paintings) and you thus get the 'message'/'the emotions' clearly injected into your soul. --- Sure this can happen without psychedelics, too, but it is just much easier on psychedelics :-)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean Thank you. That's a lot of yesses! 

I'll finish building my vision, tackle some details, and soon I might dive into writing stories to be read specifically under psychedelics. I can't believe how obvious it was! The raw sense of adventure on each line is priceless. 

My imagination has been booming lately anyway. Good stuff. ^_^

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

Here is a  reading comprehension test,   Compare your comprehension level with and without psychedelics. 

https://www.testprepreview.com/modules/reading1.htm

I will have to try it myself as I haven't experimented with dosing psychedelics and reading. 

What I'm aiming for with this idea is creating a 100% immersive experience for the reader. Having them live through the story. I do know it's possible, the greatest revelation for me were shamanic breathing trips literally 'into thoughts.'

My reading comprehension increased drastically. This is the case with psychedelics too, I would assume. 

How were your results in the test?

2 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

@WaveInTheOcean Thank you. That's a lot of yesses! 

I'll finish building my vision, tackle some details, and soon I might dive into writing stories to be read specifically under psychedelics. I can't believe how obvious it was! The raw sense of adventure on each line is priceless. 

My imagination has been booming lately anyway. Good stuff. ^_^

i'll be happy to read them <3

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

12 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

i'll be happy to read them <3

I'd let you guys know of any significant progress. My top strength is Appreacting the beauty and writings in my native language are already a force to be reckoned with -- if only a tiny one. So it's a question of an effective English translation, of one that still pierces through a heart. :x