VeganAwake

Which version of Enlightenment sounds best for 'Me'

76 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

'I' don't care because there isn't a 'ME'...

vs

Yeah but the difference is I have dozens of resources that point to the same conclusion and videos to back them up as well from others that have had the same experience

hmmmm:D 

Anyway, thanks for the David Bohm video. Great stuff. That man was one of a kind (like Krishnamurti also was, just in a different way). So lucid and clear in his talking.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

19 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

This is a great video of someone who's experienced the falling away of the separate sense of 'self'/ego/ "I"

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed her final remarks:

"There is a powerful urge to become consciously what now lies obviously right in front here ... If there is no personal self -- there's no I, there's no me -- what is there? ... What is the 'largeness' that we all are? ... That's next!"

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

8 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

vs

hmmmm:D 

Anyway, thanks for the David Bohm video. Great stuff. That man was one of a kind (like Krishnamurti also was, just in a different way). So lucid and clear in his talking.

You're welcome yes he was great!!

There was a very big difference between how I felt two years ago and now. 

When this collapsing first happened I felt lost... there was nothing to hang on to and it felt like the existence of self was crumbling to the ground.

So naturally there was a reaching out to see if anyone else had experienced this. Sometimes I felt like mind was going crazy.

I watch samadhi Maya illusion of the self and it clicked.

I ran into Jim Newman videos and then found Tony Parsons and Richardin Sylvester. I resonated almost instantly with their communication.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

15 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Agreed...

I know it's crazy...❤ I hear you and this doesn't know either.

There was just a deep turning within and inquiry into what made up the sense of 'self' that I so much believed in and felt like was running my life.

As I peered closely at this sense of 'self' it went from feeling like an impenetrable brick house to a house of cards about to topple over.

It was recognized the 'ME' character in the body was simply a misidentification with thoughts beliefs ideas perceptions labels energy Etc.... it was recognized to be just a fictitious story that was held onto for dear life.

There was a complete letting go which simultaneously led to the recognition that it was never real in the first place.

Needless to say life has been quite interesting since that experience over 2 years ago.

I'm very glad for you  <3 Yes, living without the constraints of believing to exist as a separate personal self (it's seen to be an illusion) is indeed what the very definition of 'ultimate freedom & liberation' points to. 

6 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed her final remarks:

"There is a powerful urge to become consciously what now lies obviously right in front here ... If there is no personal self -- there's no I, there's no me -- what is there? ... What is the 'largeness' that we all are? ... That's next!"

Yes and just when it feels like things couldn't get any weirder they do...

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

You're welcome yes he was great!!

There was a very big difference between how I felt two years ago and now. 

When this collapsing first happened I felt lost... there was nothing to hang on to and it felt like the existence of self was crumbling to the ground.

So naturally there was a reaching out to see if anyone else had experienced this. Sometimes I felt like mind was going crazy.

I watch samadhi Maya illusion of the self and it clicked.

I ran into Jim Newman videos and then found Tony Parsons and Richardin Sylvester. I resonated almost instantly with their communication.

Yeah I understand. It can be scary at first, this enlightenment-work, when the ego first is seen to be an illusion. Because naturally, the ego will bolster up all kinds of sneaky -- often unconscious -- defense mechanisms to trick one back into the world of the separate self. And hearing other human beings experiencing the same as oneself surely helps to ground oneself in this new way of life (freedom from separateness/personal self).

That's why I like to say that it is not about *removing* ego, but it is about making the ego surrender to the truth of oneness. Only when the ego has fully surrendered to oneness (or we could say, Love), only then will one's inner being be completely at peace.

Cos' you cannot remove ego. If you try to remove ego, than that is just a new kind of ego-defense-mechanism (distraction). The removing of ego becomes the ego itself that just builds up a new self. "i have no ego" , "the spiritual ego" etc etc.

What can only be done is an immersion deeper and deeper into the truth of no-self/Love, and only then, will the ego, slowly, naturally, maybe at times intensely, surrender itself.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

9 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes and just when it feels like things couldn't get any weirder they do...

Yes! Indeed <3 

5 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Yeah I understand. It can be scary at first, this enlightenment-work, when the ego first is seen to be an illusion. Because naturally, the ego will bolster up all kinds of sneaky -- often unconscious -- defense mechanisms to trick one back into the world of the separate self. And hearing other human beings experiencing the same as oneself surely helps to ground oneself in this new way of life (freedom from separateness/personal self).

That's why I like to say that it is not about *removing* ego, but it is about making the ego surrender to the truth of oneness. Only when the ego has fully surrendered to oneness (or we could say, Love), only then will one's inner being be completely at peace.

I see what you mean, I use ego and separate sense of self interchangeably.

When that story collapsed here there was nothing left to surrender... it was recognized Oneness was already the case all along.

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

When that story collapsed here there was nothing left to surrender... it was recognized Oneness was already the case all along.

I was maybe referring a bit to

"When this collapsing first happened I felt lost... there was nothing to hang on to and it felt like the existence of self was crumbling to the ground."

Feeling lost is not peace :P 

I watch samadhi Maya illusion of the self and it clicked

That's where the final surrendering happened, perhaps?

But I have felt lost too. Extremely lost.

Today I feel deep inner peace, almost only.

But , the "scary" or "mysterious" or "beautiful" thing about all this, is that even after what feels like "final surrendering" , or "final collapse" (as you say, in regards to the self-story) , that even after that... there is still "more" ..., the mystery of existence/life/being itself now lies right in front, waiting..

Indeed ... what is "the largeness" that we all are? ... <3

@WaveInTheOcean it's unknowable... so try unknowing it..❤

12 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@WaveInTheOcean it's unknowable... so try unknowing it..❤

I get ya. But you saying it is unknowable is itself a knowing, -- so you kind of contradict yourself here mate!

Albert Einstein: 

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible"

38 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

I get ya. But you saying it is unknowable is itself a knowing, -- so you kind of contradict yourself here mate!

Gotcha good luck my friend take care ❤

@WaveInTheOcean @VeganAwake Hey guys nice conversation. Thanks for the love <3

I experience more and more nothingness throughout the day..I guess my the contracted energy in my body is getting less rigid which feels amazing. 
There is a thought that keep arising is that I will not be able to function in this field. Like make a living(beside being a guru lol)
After embracing the truth can u guys function(Go to work 10 hours a day)? Can u study for example(things just for the sake of survival)?
Do u have any examples of people that had awakening and embraced the truth, and actually having a normal job?(doctors, lawyers)
I live in a very competitive environment so I guess my fear is not to function well..
Sorry if I touched any sensitive point but u guys seem to have more experience in that than me <3 

Edited by Heaven

31 minutes ago, Heaven said:

I experience more and more nothingness throughout the day..I guess my the contracted energy in my body is getting less rigid which feels amazing. 
There is a thought that keep arising is that I will not be able to function in this field. Like make a living(beside being a guru lol)
After embracing the truth can u guys function(Go to work 10 hours a day)? Can u study for example(things just for the sake of survival)?
Do u have any examples of people that had awakening and embraced the truth, and actually having a normal job?(doctors, lawyers)
I live in a very competitive environment so I guess my fear is not to function well..
Sorry if I touched any sensitive point but u guys seem to have more experience in that than me <3 

Every experience differs so there's no real saying what will or will not happen. For example I'm a construction equipment operator in the US Navy with 19 months before I retire. If this experience would have happened 10 years ago who knows what would have happened, I may or may not have gotten out.

After Awakening there still a conditioned body here. Some bodies are good at teaching others at public speaking others building houses others truck driving so on so forth..

It's not about what you do, it's that there is no one... no individual actually doing it.

Now that being said a lot can change because the egoic agenda to accomplish certain things might be looked at as silly now. One might be happy working at a low-stress coffee shop for example instead of being a CEO. 

So in short there's no real knowing until you're in the situation.

37 minutes ago, Heaven said:

I function much better than before, so I'd say continue. (i work a normal job at the moment, hoping to study psychology this summer).

However, during the path, there might be periods where you break down (if you're serious about it and do psychedelics etc).. But when you truly get to "the other side" (i.e. find yourself), and see that all is Love, how could you not function better?:>

Edited by WaveInTheOcean