Fran11

Did I get this right about psychedelic hallucinations?

24 posts in this topic

To reply to all your questions I highly suggest you to watch these 2 Leo's videos:

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's exactly correct.

In a sense, schizophrenic people are MORE conscious. But their consciousness is not as stable or consistent, hence they seem weird or struggle to function.

It's not so black and white. There's a wide range. It's not like all of them see really crazy shit. Some of them only hallucinate voices. Why would that necesarely imply more conciousness? Are we not all hallucinating voices when we talk to "real people" after all? ;)

Even visuals don't necesirely imply more conciousness, when you have hypnagogic hallucinations for example, you're in a below-baseline level.

Don't let psychedelics make you think they always go hand in hand.

Edited by Fran11

On 8/15/2020 at 7:45 AM, Leo Gura said:

If you could manifest a million dollars in your reality, everyone around you would call you insane and they'd probably lock you up or kill you for witchcraft.

I don't know why but this scenario sounds funny as hell ?

On 8/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

In a sense, schizophrenic people are MORE conscious. But their consciousness is not as stable or consistent, hence they seem weird or struggle to function.

IMO consciousness implies some level of CONTROL and since their hallucinations are not stable, they are actually less conscious and primitive, in a sense. Just like a person would see his image in a mirror and would creep out thinking there's a separate person on the other side. But although our hallucinations are more stable, we are less conscious than - let's say - an alien, or a person with paranormal abilities since they could be able to control their hallucinations better and alter reality. At least, that's how I see it.

Edited by Member