WonderSeeker

Reconciling LP and consciousness

4 posts in this topic

My life purpose is evolving, but right now it is studying seismology to develop safer, more sustainable cities in earthquake-prone areas like California. I've been passionate about science since I was in high school, and now as a masters student I'm raising my consciousness for various reasons, including to be more creative with my life purpose. (Of course from doing reading and doing contemplation, I recognize that science is not absolute truth and that it is underpinned by paradigms that change.) However, in Leo's most recent video, he stated that doing science is just chasing your own tail in materialism. Now my life purpose feels at odds with raising consciousness. Is this misguided thinking or do I need to change my LP? Thank you!

Raising Consciousness gives you higher and higher altitude to look at reality. 

Realizing that science is not absolute truth will only free your thinking to explore new ways of solving problems. It will make you more creative because the higher your altitude, the farther you can see and cross-pollinate ideas from. 

When Leo talks about Science, he talks about a caricature of a hard-nosed, materialist scientist. A caricature that doesn't actually exist. 

The core of science is seeking, or pure curiosity. It is just that today's science doesn't go deep enough. 

Even if you are absolutely enlightened, the world is still there. Earthquakes will still be happening. You would just be absolutely free to spend your time-energy doing whatever you like. What would you rather be doing?

@WonderSeeker Science is still valid in the relative domain.

Science is chasing your tail if your goal is to understand the deepest underpinnings of reality.

But if you're doing something like saving cities from earthquakes, science is great and necessary.

You just have to understand what the limits of science are.

P.S. What about saving us from Graboids? Are you also studying the Graboid problem? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.