TheUniverseIsLove

Surgery/Anesthesia

4 posts in this topic

I had laparoscopic surgery on the 14th. I was under anesthesia for about an hour. Luckily no complications (I guess being a young female who doesn’t smoke can be high risk for anesthesia. Who knew.)

I don’t remember anything while under. The last thing I remember is my surgeon holding my hand to comfort me (it was really sweet), me thinking whatever happens, happens, and then I was OUT. I barely remember waking up or where I was when awake. 

The fact that a liquid inserted into your veins  can cause your mind to ignore a knife being cut through your skin is remarkable. 

My surgeon was poking my sensitive insides for 40 minutes and I didn’t  notice pain until later. 

Da fuck is that ?

I am reflecting on where I was during the process. My body was strapped against a bed in a surgery room... but my mind was.... 

How is being under anesthesia different from being asleep, or alive, or dead, or meditating, or tripping, or now? 

It isn’t, and yet it is. 

I feel like when I was under I entered the same state of before birth and after death. 

Just there, Always there....but not connected to the memory. 

Edited by TheUniverseIsLove

You are imagining your surgery. It didn't actually happen.

Ta-da! ;)

See, you never go to sleep. You only imagine you did.

There is no state before birth or after death. There is only NOW!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, TheUniverseIsLove said:

I feel like when I was under I entered the same state of before birth and after death. 

I had ACL replacement surgery on my knee 8 years ago. I was knocked out for about 3 hours.

It was the first time in my life I was "asleep without dreaming". It was exactly like how I imagine death must be, utter peace and absolute absence.

It's quite a weird experience waking up having no real sense, or a foreign sense of time having passed. One frame you're counting down trying to make the nurse laugh the next frame you wake up and she won't give you any water even though you're thirsty...............

hrhrhtewgfegege

It's very different from sleep. I used this experience to explain death from a materialist perspective in a deleted thread. The weirdest thing is that it feels like I remember quite well what was happening right before I passed out.

Less interesting: I had lingering effects of the drug for a long time after I woke up (a welcome distraction from being tied to a bed with tubes connecting your body to various devices). Maybe the dose was excessive.