Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

The problem with thought (David Bohm on Krishnamurti)

5 posts in this topic

The identification as the thinker of the thoughts causes suffering. When the mechanisms that create suffering are understood it allows energy to be placed where it needs to be placed instead of all over the place....it gives aim. Awareness alone is Curative ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The problem with identifying with the thinker of the thoughts, is that only part of what goes through your head is actually being thought by you. Some things you are thinking, but even then you have to look at the thought in context.

28 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

The identification as the thinker of the thoughts causes suffering.

Not just suffering. The thinker of thoughts has a tool box full of various emotions to be employed when a perceived situation calls for it. All the while the perceived and the thinker are one in the same.

23 minutes ago, Artsu said:

The problem with identifying with the thinker of the thoughts, is that only part of what goes through your head is actually being thought by you.

" not identifying with 'The Thinker', identifying as 'The Thinker'. Nothing is thought by 'YOU' because thoughts are what makeup the illusory experience of 'YOU'.

Some things you are thinking, but even then you have to look at the thought in context.

There isn't a 'YOU' that thinks... thoughts just arise.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

27 minutes ago, cetus said:

Not just suffering. The thinker of thoughts has a tool box full of various emotions to be employed when a perceived situation calls for it.

Yes, attempting to point out with the help of this video, that 'The Thinker of thoughts' is an illusion or misidentification with thoughts feelings beliefs emotions labels and energy in the body. J Krishnamurti would often say the 'self 'is just a bundle of thoughts. 

All the while the perceived and the thinker are one in the same.

'The thinker' was never real to begin with, so there actually never was a duality or subject witnessing object....it was an illusion/misidentification.