Terell Kirby

Dealing with the ignorance of others after Enlightenment

5 posts in this topic

Hi Self Actualizers,

This topic is for general advice on how to integrate and embody your spiritual insights whilst existing in a world full of ignorant friends, family members, coworkers (in general most of society).

The prmary insight referred to here is the notion that the human body-mind as only an aspect of infinite consciousness/awareness..which is our true Being. The realization of that our identity with our body, emotions and brain alone is falsehood.

Did anyone feel the sheer magnificence of this while at the same time confused and alienated in regards to interacting with others who are not enlightened? (would gander 95 to 99% of the humans are ignorant). Did you feel the need to share or awaken others, or just keep these truths to yourself?

@Terell Kirby I spent more time than I should have trying to think about how to explain an experience I had (two years ago) to other people. I never did share it with more than one or two people because I figured most people would look at me like a person in need of psychiatric help. In fact, I wasn't entirely sure myself if what I experienced was "genuine" or just the result of unskillful Buddhist practice, so I had to find someone I did trust (a spiritual counselor) so that I could talk about it and then "release it" a year later. In fact, this article

https://www.lionsroar.com/just-when-you-think-youre-enlightened/

helped me a lot! These days, I find journaling is a really good way to try to honor an experience I might be having by finding its insights but then letting go of the less "relevant" aspects (which for me are usually visually hallucinogenic).

48 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Did you feel the need to share or awaken others, or just keep these truths to yourself?

Initially, you will feel the need to share the Truth with others since it is the most beautiful thing you have ever discovered. That is natural. 

But try to contemplate deeper. Who are the others? If there is only One true Being, arent all others, You?

Thus, if you awaken, there is no need to share anything since Everyone is YOU. 

53 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This topic is for general advice on how to integrate and embody your spiritual insights whilst existing in a world full of ignorant friends, family members, coworkers (in general most of society).

Look at everyone as part of yourself. Everyone is on the journey to realize the One True Self. Have compassion for them. 

@Boethius Thank you so much for your feedback, the article provided couldn't have been more helpful. Being familiar with Nyam and it's trick is a good measuring stick of true enlightment. Important takeaway: watch how you react to your Nyam being disturbed, is the response a pleasant one or not so nice one ? 

@JosephKnecht thank you, realizing oneness is hard at times, but a certified cure with frustration and alienation one feels on the journey.