Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FirstglimpseOMG

Transcendental Meditation (tm) As A Brand. What!?

6 posts in this topic

As I was studying quantum theory lately I became aware that TM is now playing a very significant role within the Quantum theories discussions. So... the top physicists and big thinkers within the perplexing and paradoxical world of quantum mechanics are saying the same thing Leo has been telling us, just in a more technical, broken down way. I'm a layman, but I don't think there has been a time in history when hard science has come out and said 'Woohoo, hey you, you're not what you think you are. In fact you are much more, much less, and we have proof. (Or at least seriously solid theories that are now backed up by mathematics and tie together the quantum and Macro realities convincingly, cohesively, and empirically.)

As I went through my education and discovered the very recent deeper understandings of the quantum theory world, (Yes! ...hard science mirroring what Leo has been telling us!), John Hagelin and other physicists and thinkers (philosophers & other big thinkers) in the top of this field have tied in Transcendental Meditation as an integral part of 'Seeing and understanding the big picture here'. Like I said, quantum theory mirrors almost to the smallest detail the mechanics of what an enlightened mind may realize.

Now, as much as beginning to understand quantum mechanics and having my mini-Aha! moment through science and pretty irrefutable big-thinking and theories was awe-inspiring and mind-blowing, I was confused and a little turned off when Hagelin and others (David Lynch, d'oh!) started slipping in their little opinion (business plan) about how it's not possible to practice TM without paying a 'TM teacher-type' a few grand to be given some mystical, ancient mantra. Of course there's apparently a website, a society and a movement towards TM, but they blatantly insist that if you are intersted in Transcendental Meditation there is absolutely no way to do it effectively but their way.

Anyway, is anyone else's ego incredulous at seeing 'TM' with a registered Trademark symbol after it?

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Spelling, grammar.

@FirstglimpseOMG

You may have seen this already?  Also, David Bohm with J. Krishnamurti, Einstein/Tagore. All good stuff!

Thanks, I have seen most of this stuff and absorbed it like a sponge. Hagelin, Brian Green, Stuart Hameroff et al, are sort of my heroes lately. Talk about jaw-dropping science!

I was just a little disillusioned (a good thing I think), when looking further into the TM movement, to discover it had been monetized and had somehow become.... exclusive. Hagelin is right up there with his hand out. He/they may think he has good reason to insist on this exclusivity for the purpose of maintaining pureness, accuracy and integrity within Transcendental Meditation techniques, but I don't buy it. Literally.

@FirstglimpseOMG TM is nothing more than a $1500.00 mantra, a 3 day meditation course and a lifetime membership. Dr.'s are prescribing it more often to their patients that suffer from anxiety.  It's proven to be effective by the  medical community. Patients take the quick course and their on their way. TM has been around since the 70's so it's nothing new. Conscionsceness and physics is a very interesting subject though. aside from the TM franchise stuff.

@cetus56  Oh definitely. The science was seeping into my brain and then I found Leo's videos. It was the perfect storm of realization for me. I think I might be still trying to grasp this enlightenment/no self reality if it hadn't been in that order. Science first and then Leo's inimitable way of hammering his points home.  

Lucky me, holy crap.

@FirstglimpseOMG Physics breaks down the gross reality of objects to the point where you finally say to yourself, " wow, everything I thought I understood of reality has been wrong". Here is one fun fact for instance, Anti- matter time runs in the opposite direction as matter time. Could you imagine what would happen if the two should ever meet? Look out! haha But getting into physics is a good way of loosening your grip on what you may have took for granted as being a firm, cozy, stable existence. Everything is really in a state of flux. A space of probabilities only and no certainties what so ever. At CERN they have a statue of the Dancing Shiva Nataraja at the operation center. How appropriate. The lord of destruction and creation, holding a delicate balance between the two.    "I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know his thoughts. The rest are details."  Einstein