WorknMan

Sacha Baron Cohen Crashes Right Wing Event, Leads Absurd Sing-Along

4 posts in this topic

He is brilliant. He is really good at playing a parody of a character. This stunt looks like something for a new type of Borat movies. After the set, Sacha disguised himself as a journalist and interviewed the event coordinator about what happened. That is some master trolling.

I’m not sure I’d call this “mocking”. The crowd is enthusiastically participating. They love it. If it was liberals in the crowd pretending to be conservatives, that would be mocking. Yet these were actual conservatives in the crowd expressing themselves. 

Im a big fan of friendly mocking it definitely helped me grew but idn why. 

Context is important if you mock someone who cant take it or from a mean place it will make them regress temporary. 

Pointing out the shortcomings of those in power is one of the most important purposes of comedians in society. Here, he's pointing out the indifference these people have towards the horrors of our communities, local and global. To clean any wound you must be willing to expose it. Shame is also a powerful motivator for those in SD Blue. If you've ever been a part of a fundamentalist organization, you would know how it keeps people in line.