Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CA19

Fear Attacks/mind Attacks Before Meditation Sessions

4 posts in this topic

Hi.I've been getting a lot of intense fear of meditating before my sessions lately,it's like my ego is trying to convince me to stop meditating through sheer panic.Where does this irrational fear come from?Anybody else get this or am I nuts?O.o

This is a manipulation tactic from your lower self. it tries to make you not want to meditate - totally normal and should be expected by everyone.

The important thing is: Do not give in to the Fear and use it as a sign to break OFF the habit. Notice the fear and continue to meditate every day consistently regardless. 

Hope this helped you :) 

9 hours ago, CA19 said:

Where does this irrational fear come from?

This so called irrational fear comes from the "guy" inside of you that had to take up with all the pains you encountered in your life, all the anger, all the hate. That "guy" who is also responsible that you exist. You are a subset of him. He is the little kid inside of you that has to take all the shit and every time he asks for something you try to get rid of him.

As you now have seen - you have no control whatsoever - over him. You can try to "let him go" with meditation or any other distraction you chose and maybe you need that time - but at one point you'll just see that your quest to get rid of him gets more nuanced and nuanced but never any further. He is still there and he gets pissed off more with everything you do.

Because you think you are the higher self. The reason, the noble character. And he is just the deep passion, the urges. The fuck-up. So what do you do?

You begin to talk to him and be sorry that you never let him speak out. You acknowledge his power over you and you begin to see that he is you, you are him, you both are one. You integrate. You let him do whatever he wants to do and whenever he so chooses. Why? Because you never let him do that ... and be prepared, he wants most of the time just be heard, just have the chance to speak.

When you begin to go in that direction you'll save yourself a year of trying to get rid of him (I tried that ... everyone else does) and you begin to heal instantly. I'm mean fucking instantly. Your life will not be the same in one week from now if you give up today and surrender to him ... your unconscious, your shadow ... however you wanna call him.

Look these videos (and yes I know Matt looks like a strange spiritual guy). 20 minutes in, you'll probably get to tears (I did) because you just didn't know what you did to yourself all the time:

Cheers to you, :ph34r:

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Arik Thank you.Yeah pretty much my whole life I'd been 'drowning out' the voice of the "fearful child" inside me.I'm going to let him speak and do his thing from now on,since meditation reminds me everyday I have no control over anything.

I haven't seen any Matt Kahn videos,I'll give those vids a listen:)