Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extreme Z7

Do We Create Our Own Suffering Out Of Nothing?

13 posts in this topic

I've been meditating consistently for 1 hour everyday for almost an entire year. The more I do it, the deeper I feel I go into exploring the nature of my human experience. Today I want to share just another epiphany I had while I was having an unpleasant experience.

Just a few hours ago, I washed my clothes by hand which is a chore I always found to be very unpleasant. I hate how tedious it feels, I hate the feeling of having water splash on my arms and my feet. As I finished and started to pick up the clothes to hang outside the house, I started to notice very subtly how my body tries to avoid these certain feelings, I noticed that when I walk barefoot on the wet ground, that the soles of my feet where slightly lifted up to prevent my feet from feeling the water around the dirty ground. My body was trying to avoid a pleasant experience. I decided to instead release my feet to feel the wetness of the ground. I suddenly felt a release from suffering. I could actually see that the entire time, the experience was not the thing causing my suffering at all, I was creating it out of my own resistance! The suffering was artificially created, all I had to do was to let go and accept and. . . . there was no more suffering.

It made me think about all the other times I've "suffered" in life. Of course, the story above involved a very small and petty kind of suffering but what if the more significant problems we see in our lives are actually just combinations of numerous small, petty, self-created problems combined into huge messes of complicated suffering? Furthermore, if it is the case that it's always been created by the self, then that kind of means we don't really have to expend any effort to get rid of suffering (besides the consciousness work required to see this, of course). All we need to do is recognize that we are creating our own suffering and . . . that's about it, actually.

The question that comes to my mind now is, "Where does it come from?". Do we, as human beings, have good reasons to create suffering in our lives. Our do we really just create it out of freaking nowhere?!! I'd love to know what you think about this.

I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH RIGHT NOW !

You're absolutely 100% completely RIGHT ! We do create our own suffering !!!!

The ego needs to sustain itself, it needs to survive. Suffering is a means that it uses to make it move away from stuff that could kill it. And this is also why low-conscious people who start out doing personal development use it to solve their problems. And then we raise our awareness, real growth occurs, and the problem simply becomes a non-issue. Truth dissolves all suffering.

7 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I've been meditating consistently for 1 hour everyday for almost an entire year. The more I do it, the deeper I feel I go into exploring the nature of my human experience. Today I want to share just another epiphany I had while I was having an unpleasant experience.

Just a few hours ago, I washed my clothes by hand which is a chore I always found to be very unpleasant. I hate how tedious it feels, I hate the feeling of having water splash on my arms and my feet. As I finished and started to pick up the clothes to hang outside the house, I started to notice very subtly how my body tries to avoid these certain feelings, I noticed that when I walk barefoot on the wet ground, that the soles of my feet where slightly lifted up to prevent my feet from feeling the water around the dirty ground. My body was trying to avoid a pleasant experience. I decided to instead release my feet to feel the wetness of the ground. I suddenly felt a release from suffering. I could actually see that the entire time, the experience was not the thing causing my suffering at all, I was creating it out of my own resistance! The suffering was artificially created, all I had to do was to let go and accept and. . . . there was no more suffering.

It made me think about all the other times I've "suffered" in life. Of course, the story above involved a very small and petty kind of suffering but what if the more significant problems we see in our lives are actually just combinations of numerous small, petty, self-created problems combined into huge messes of complicated suffering? Furthermore, if it is the case that it's always been created by the self, then that kind of means we don't really have to expend any effort to get rid of suffering (besides the consciousness work required to see this, of course). All we need to do is recognize that we are creating our own suffering and . . . that's about it, actually.

The question that comes to my mind now is, "Where does it come from?". Do we, as human beings, have good reasons to create suffering in our lives. Our do we really just create it out of freaking nowhere?!! I'd love to know what you think about this.

suffering is created from the nonsense that has taken root in your consciousness, the consequences of that and your actions,  your resistance to what is. and functioning as the unconscious human identity.

All we need to do is recognize that we are creating our own suffering and . . . that's about it, actually.

I dont personally think thats "thats about it". I think that you have to know what to do next. Lets say you know what is the problem and you are aware of what you feel but...what to do to help the situation? How you can fix that. In some way you have to be a little bit experienced with that feeling ...and you have felt that before so you can manage it better. Maybe years to find the solution to your suffering. You have to accept fully and dont be freaked out everytime you suffer  

Sure thing you are going to get over it some day. Like we always do,as people.

8 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

The suuffering?? From our brain. Chemical reactions,hormones.etc

Yes we have some good reasons to suffer. From my personal experience...with suffering Ive learnt that I used to WANT to suffer because

1) We dont have some serious trouble in our  life to deal with.some serious illness. You know,we tend to create suffering because we want something to keep us alive. Something dark and unexplained.

Or even we get bored with life. We keep on thinking the feeling of pain,and thoughts,and we recreate pain just to live some strong moments again.

We sometimes want to give ourselves a big punishment (for years) just to not take the wrong decisions again. Something we felt crap doing, something we regret.

Or even depression brings it. We tend to be self destructive sometimes. Even if the pain wasnt so bad back then,we keep the suffering on our daily life just because we are depressed and in that case we dont actually care about our health or how we look and all these. 

If i sit and think about other reasons im sure ill find a few more.

1 hour ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

The ego needs to sustain itself, it needs to survive. Suffering is a means that it uses to make it move away from stuff that could kill it. And this is also why low-conscious people who start out doing personal development use it to solve their problems. And then we raise our awareness, real growth occurs, and the problem simply becomes a non-issue. Truth dissolves all suffering.

could you define the ego for me

1 hour ago, charlie2dogs said:

could you define the ego for me

Can you confirm what ego is please Charlie?

was under the impression that it was the aspect of mind that feels like it is in control. But that there is a human consciousness and it works fine without a controller.

But I've been listening to what you have been sharing with us all and i am now thinking that "ego" is something far more sinister than a mere controller 

When you say ego is programming I'm taking this to mean the whole enchilada, the whole of human consciousness, not just the controller or the aspect that imagines it has free will over its experience.

For me as I contemplate programming I actually sense that ALL human interaction is programming.  But not to throw the baby out with the bathwater here, there is a way of being human that doesn't require the programming at all.  The "Divine" human, on a path of purification from the lies and toward a sense of authenticity.

You say the human identity is an expression of consciousness in this physical realm. The more I identify with consciousness the "cleaner" I feel, but at the same time I know deep down there is no need to rid myself of a self, just let consciousness transform the expression into a Divine human identity.

This is not an intellectual understanding, but a real understanding of my work contemplating what you are saying. 

@charlie2dogs

If you think I'm intellectualising then I'm happy to hear that and I'll drop it :)

4 hours ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

Easy there buddy :D. . . that's great and all but I'm sure you know that you can't control your level of suffering even after you realize this because there isn't anyone there to control your body and mind. If there was, then both of us would be perfectly capable of stopping suffering completely, no exceptions! But we're still not perfect at it, all there is now is a small step towards letting go of resistance and big bags of thought.

1 hour ago, Mal said:

Can you confirm what ego is please Charlie?

was under the impression that it was the aspect of mind that feels like it is in control. But that there is a human consciousness and it works fine without a controller.

But I've been listening to what you have been sharing with us all and i am now thinking that "ego" is something far more sinister than a mere controller 

When you say ego is programming I'm taking this to mean the whole enchilada, the whole of human consciousness, not just the controller or the aspect that imagines it has free will over its experience.

For me as I contemplate programming I actually sense that ALL human interaction is programming.  But not to throw the baby out with the bathwater here, there is a way of being human that doesn't require the programming at all.  The "Divine" human, on a path of purification from the lies and toward a sense of authenticity.

You say the human identity is an expression of consciousness in this physical realm. The more I identify with consciousness the "cleaner" I feel, but at the same time I know deep down there is no need to rid myself of a self, just let consciousness transform the expression into a Divine human identity.

This is not an intellectual understanding, but a real understanding of my work contemplating what you are saying. 

mal the ego is programing and false belief, the matrix is the collective consciousness of planet earth, and most everything is controlled by that collective consciousness or matrix through programing and false belief.  and yes most all human interaction is programing,  and yes it is possible for the human being to exist and not live under programing and false belief, but it has to be cleansed from  consciousness in order to do that.  the human identity cant cleanse the consciousness, but the awakened consciousness will cleanse itself without hard work or struggle , it simply dissolves and flows away from consciousness once awakened.  As i have said before we can help this process, instead of being caught up in all the nonsense, we can give time to contemplating things of importance, like you are doing now, that kind of work and seeking out the life force within will cause consciousness to awaken much faster, and it will create change in you as the human identity,  preparing you for the self realization of your consciousness which will bring change to you as the human identity,  but the human identity will be the secondary carrying out the will of the awakened consciousness or being of consciousness.  functioning has then shifted from the identity being to the being of consciousness.

34 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Easy there buddy :D. . . that's great and all but I'm sure you know that you can't control your level of suffering even after you realize this because there isn't anyone there to control your body and mind. If there was, then both of us would be perfectly capable of stopping suffering completely, no exceptions! But we're still not perfect at it, all there is now is a small step towards letting go of resistance and big bags of thought.

suffering doesnt exist for the self realized, you suffer because you are and function as the human identity being.

@Mal @charlie2dogs What I call the ego is simply the belief that the self is real.

@Extreme Z7 Yes of course we can't control suffering. It's just that Truth isn't a doing, it's a being. Whereas sustaining a belief is a doing.

@popi Actually I do think that that's about it. Take for example alcohol. Drink too much of it and you'll have a hangover. If you develop that awareness, your desires will change and you will drink less, or even not at all. But the solution becomes obvious as you develop awareness