Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vitamine Water

I eat vegetables

65 posts in this topic

This will be my running journal. I'm posting a screenshot of the time I go out running. My watch is broken so I have to do it this way. I hope by posting it puplicly I will stick to the plan. 

Goal: 30 days

The art is to look without looking 

Day 1

25 minute run. It felt surprisingly calm outside. No rush. Took a few short brakes but kept walking. 

I'm in relatively good shape but I notice that I'm eating more sugar and getting more lazy. I feel like this is going to break the loop.

Screenshot_20200619_084717_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

PS: this is not my backyard.

Edited by Vitamine Water

DAY 2 

30 minute run. I might get one of those fit bits or digital watches. I'm not really a data freak but it would be nice to see the actual progress in terms of speed, distance etc.

Waking up in Saturday 8:00 went easier than expected. It feels good to wake up and have an actual (short term) goal. 

Screenshot_20200620_084024_com.android.keyguard.jpg

DAY 3

25 minute run. Leg cramps kicked in early. So I took it a little easier and slower today. Longer breaks and slower pase. Most important thing is that I got off my lazy bitch ass this morning. 

Screenshot_20200621_083950_com.android.keyguard.jpg

DAY 4

40 minute run. THIS RUN FELT GOOOOD! I started feeling my ankles quite early on but once I got over that threshold it got easier. And I was running more on stamina and less on muscle strength. Or whatever it was haha, it felt good. If I focused on how my body felt from toe to head it got easier too. As soon as I started thinking about stuff I was out of it. So it's also a fun challenge to keep focusing. 

PS: My FitBitch will also arrive today! 

Screenshot_20200622_083845_com.android.keyguard.jpg

WAKE ME UP INSIDE!! (I CAN'T WAKE UP) WAKE ME UP INSIDE!! CALL MY NAME AND SAVE ME FROM THE DARRRKKKKKK

(cold shower motivation ??) 

Day 5 

35 minute run. I woke up 8:30 which is 30 minutes too late. Run went also pretty rocky. I couldn't get over the lower leg cramps this time. And it got in me head :(

But I got my fitbit which is pretty cool! I ran 6k and 7k steps. 10k steps a day is the goal so we will see how it goes today. I'm hoping for a better start tomorrow. 

IMG_20200623_091017.jpg

DAY 6

55 minute run. I ran 10km today, which is a big improvement from yesterday. Leg cramps were okay but I managed to get over it by focusing on an end point. It was also pretty damn warm. 

If I get more comfortable with this new routine, I would like to wake up at 7:00 intead of 8. So it's less hot outside and I can start work earlier (preferably 8:30). 

IMG_20200624_084315.jpg

Edited by Vitamine Water

DAY 7

30 minute run, 5km. Relaxed. Didn't push myself too much. Tomorrow I will start at 7:30 bacause it's hot asf already. 

IMG_20200625_083918.jpg

39 minutes ago, modmyth said:

@Vitamine Water  I've seen something like this before; I left confused. (Oh look, it's the weird side of Youtube again.) 

Hahaha exactly?

DAY 8

Friday morning insight: my legs need a break. Today was very rocky and my legs literally felt like shit. Also I was low on energy so I couldn't maintain a steady pase. I did woke up at 730 and that felt better. 

I might do a walk tomorrow morning instead of a run. hmmm. Not sure yet. I'm waking up at 730 either way. IMG_20200626_081407.jpg

DAY 10

40 minute run. My feet were happy again. Didn't push anything and took a longer break walking. IMG_20200628_084221.jpg

DAY 11

55 minute run. 

Woa. There was something about this last sprint that was.. I guess almost orgasmic? My arms and legs were tingling and it felt like I wasn't in my body and I kept accelerating.. And surprisingly I wasn't really tired after that. I felt more phisical and mental strength. 

The weird thing was that I had a really hard time waking up, and I REALLY didn't feel like running. 10 minutes in I already felt like going back and my legs were slowly discontinuing. 

But there was something about telling myself to shut up and go that extra mile that gave me the motivation to keep going. Once I passed that threshold the run became 'automatic'. And slightly more fun. 

IMG_20200629_084103.jpg

Edited by Vitamine Water

DAY 12

32 minute run. 

IMG_20200630_084548.jpg

DAY 13

25 minute run. Instead of running my way back I walked back because my legs felt terrible again. And I don't think it's a good idea to keep pushing beyond that cramp. Sometimes it works but today It just blocked. 

IMG_20200701_083527.jpg

A quick Google search: proper stretching and warm up/cool down might be the solution. Looking back at previous days I barely did any warm ups. Just walking and slowly accelerating might not be enough. 

I've played soccer for about 11 years so I guess it's time to revisit some of those stretching and warmup exercises ?

DAY 14

45 minute run. I don't want to jump to conclusions this quickly, but it seems like the full warm up really helped in reducing my leg cramps (calf muscle mostly). I was able to accelerate my pase and run more on stamina instead of muscle strength. 

IMG_20200702_104009.jpg

DAY 15

40 minute run. I found a nice route to run in nature so I'm gonna stick to that one. I also found a nice pase/rhytm to run, a bit faster than usual but it seems to decrease the leg cramps a bit and I can run more on stamina. IMG_20200703_083817.jpg

DAY 17

(I took a break yesterday (Saturday) 

20 minute run - 60 minute walk

Run was very rocky. Lower and upper legs were blocking. I did a good warmup but it still remained. My parents also went out for a walk after I came back, so I joined! ?

IMG_20200705_093206.jpg

DAY 18

30 Minute run. I ran slooooowly today. 10 minute warmup. There might possibly be a slight possibility that maybe my running shoes are sort of out of date and not the best quality.

It's pretty annoying that those calf muscle cramps still persist after 18 days of running. Not AFTER a run, but right when I start to run in a pase. It just blocks. I hope to find more time to research what's going on. Or if somebody is reading this and has a slight clue, that would be super helpful. 

I'm young, I feel good, I'm eating healthy. I dunno. It's pretty damn annoying. Maybe it's because I haven't worked out seriously in about a year so my body has to adapt. But 18 friggin days mate?

I wanna flyyyyyyy like and eagle :(

IMG_20200706_085147.jpg

Edited by Vitamine Water