Infinite

Equanimity Development

10 posts in this topic

Outside of meditation, what are some other ways of developing equanimity as rapidly as possible? 

Edited by Infinite

Comes naturally.

Edited by Psychonaut

Lol people, what am I supposed to do with these answers? xD 

Try not to react at any sort of emotional inconvenience. Just watch objectively no matter what arises. Also learn not to react with craving at the moments of joy and achievement. Just watch. If you feel sexual impulses, then also just watch. Do not identify with anything, just watch as if you are sitting on a riverside watching the river flow. Do not react. Do nothing.

@Infinite if you feel knee pain during meditation let the pain spread to your body ..accept all suffering as you can, the body will naturally balance in the process.

Edited by 30secs

Stepping outside of your comfort zone. Observing closely and objectively that "thing" that you may fear. Flowing with life when whatever external circumstances may come, your state of mind is calm and cool. 

I have been looking into this myself over the past few days :) below are some vids I have found which were helpful. (They do speak about meditation but I think this is the best way to cultivate it).

Ill post if I find anything else interesting on my search! 

Edited by beckycox

During any moment you have the thought or intention/desire 'I want to be more equanimous with the present' 

Realise there's nobody behind the though, everything, including your intentions happen on its own accord, so you can't do anything to become more equanimous, sync with what's already going on. 

Give up for it to get you.