Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Philipp

Contemplation trap in order to find a LP/meaningful career

5 posts in this topic

I want to discuss this idea by Leo, that you can find your LP or create a meaningful career through contemplative work.

Personally I believe that creating a meaningful career is a way to complex problem to tackle directly, especially if you are young and experienced. It will have to happen progressively through experiences. The problem I see in recommending a contemplative approach is, that you will not progress and be stuck where you at, in hopes of one day going from 0 to 100. 
But you cannot understand what is possible in this world, what you like/ dislike, what is meaningful to you, when all you do is contemplate about it! You have to get experience and start with smaller goals. There millions of option to design your life, you will not find the best one.

Notice: Leo himself did not find his LP directly. He had several goals prior to it (philosophy, game design, business, Dating/Life coach) and only created his LP incrementally!

------

I would like to know your experiences in finding a LP or creating a meaningful career!
How much did contemplative work help you AND how much did you had to use trial and error or incremental approaches?

Well, my prior approach of just doing stuff and seeing what happens has not been quite as fulfilling. So far with investing a bit more contemplation in every day I am building more and more ideas. As well as giving my self a diverse amount of books to read and information to look at. I have made a good amount of progress while still running some stuff on the side just to see how I like things. 

No I have not just instantly found my LP. Just looking into the idea at all has really expanded my potential future growth. If you had talked to me a year ago all I would have cared about was selling stuff online and making some money for myself. 

16 hours ago, Philipp said:

I want to discuss this idea by Leo, that you can find your LP or create a meaningful career through contemplative work.

Personally I believe that creating a meaningful career is a way to complex problem to tackle directly, especially if you are young and experienced. It will have to happen progressively through experiences.

Maybe you should actually watch actualized.org videos before you make these statements.

I timestamped it for you.

@universe  Well his LP course and in many other videos you can get a feeling, that the most important thing is, is to contemplate and that contemplation can really help you.

If this wasn't the case for you that's fine, maybe you interpreted his videos in an other way or maybe you were older than me and already had more experience to build on. 

All I want to find out is, if other people have had this struggle (contemplating to much to create an meaningful career) and what solution or insight that had. 

@Average Investor

I would be curious about your progress so far, what ideas have had?  Personally I have a problem, which is quite common I think, and it is that I am a big perfectionist. This for me is one of the main reason why I trying to think about a meaningful career does not seem to work so well, since no career will be perfect and you can only realize this by experiencing it. Are you a perfectionist? 

@Philipp I have had some similar issues with that. You need to get in the habit of setting deadlines for yourself and just finishing your product at that time and releasing it. Depends what you are doing, but for me that is what has worked to get rid of that. 

I have been moving so much myself in terms of growth it is kind of hard for me to grip what I want fully. I am going in the right direction though for sure at least. I am practicing speech and doing stuff to gain skills still. Diving deeper into my self improvement and reading a lot of books.