Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

Marketing

6 posts in this topic

What skills are needed to get a marketing job? A lot of the job listings I’ve seen the skills don’t seem like hard skills. 

whays the best way to go about developing marketing skills?

By getting into the mind of the costumer. Look into consumer psychology. What factors influence a person's decision to buy a product? We all have our biological needs and desires that marketeers tap into to get money from you. They try to engage you in a way that gives you the right emotion and thoughts, that will eventually lead you to buy. There's lots of different techniques on how you can influence people to buy. You have to learn these dynamics. Books will definitely help you. 

The biggest learning phase comes when you apply all of it in practice. Learning about funnels, SEO, social media advertising, copywriting...

@JonasVE12 Yeah, good points.

I'm looking for more courses on funnels, SEO, social media advertising and copywriting. Something that can teach you skills

Marketing is too broad of a topic. You need to specialize into a sub-category.

It's like saying "what skills are needed to be a scientist" ... depends if you want to do biology, chemistry, physics, etc...

The marketer that does TV and newspaper ads is going to be very different than the one doing Facebook ads.

You can freelance the stuff you mentioned above (funnels, SEO, social media, copywriting) with no formal experience. Just make a website and portfolio and start applying for jobs.

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco

Good points.

I've thought about setting up an upwork account to do freelance gigs

attracting spammers, locking the topic 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus