VeganAwake

What is meant by The Spiritual Ego

7 posts in this topic

Spiritual Ego is still just Ego but it's focused content has changed...That's All!!

Let's use Spiral Dynamics to paint a picture since most here are familiar with the model.

A Stage Orange Ego has the pendulum swung to themselves sort of speak and is focused on Personal Achievement rather than the collective...ie: If 'I' work hard enough 'I' can get this new Job Promotion, move into that hot new condo in the city, buy that BMW 'I' so badly need so 'I' can get that hot new girlfriend or boyfriend of my dreams and life will be amazing... as long as 'I' work hard and stay focused, nothing will keep 'ME' from my dreams.

Whereas a Stage Green Ego the pendulum has swung back to the collective and thus becomes the humanitarian do-gooder spiritual ego... hey man I'm going to learn how to use plants to heal the world' it's my crusade to purify planet Earth in whatever means 'I' deem necessary. It's totally time for change cos what's Happening Now isn't the way the world should be. We should also give the Native Americans back all their land and simultaneously fix world hunger.

See this is a big shift that's often misunderstood as a Spiritual Awakening/Enlightenment... all the focused content has changed, but there still is this driving force that something needs to be done and I'm just the one that can tip the scale and create the big change.

See the focused content has changed but one is still a slave to Stage Green's collective conditioning... this isn't Liberation, one could even call it a shift in consciousness but when looked closely it's really just decorating the Prison Walls of the Mind Matrix with Green wallpaper.

Now this isn't to say there isn't apparent good in these actions... look at sadhguru for example, he is apparently doing great action in the world. 

The difference is his mind is in service to the actions and not the driving force. It is no longer bound to the Ego's sense of lack guilt and neediness for things to go a certain way. He is free to be of service.

The easiest way to spot the Ego at work is its sense of lack, the sense that there's something more that has to be done or the mission is a failure... it's a feeling that there's always more that needs to be done for THIS experience to feel complete and satisfied. Unfortunately this day never comes because the Ego will always create another goal that needs attainment in the future... it's never-ending... it's seeking energy attempting to find the end of seeking but it never will because the end of seeking is the Egos Death.( running on the hamster wheel)

How can "What IS" somehow be incomplete...it isn't.

It's whole complete and perfect but for No One ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Spiritual Ego is still just Ego but it's focused content has changed...That's All!!

Yep, awakening is "from" the ego/person, not "for" the ego/person.

Any changes in the "apparent" person are side-effects, imo, thats all.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

53 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Yep, awakening is "from" the ego/person, not "for" the ego/person.

Any changes in the "apparent" person are side-effects, imo, thats all.

Yes absolutely apparent side effects seem to be ... but they have no meaning purpose or value whatsoever...

The only thing that creates value meaning purpose is the 'sense of self'.. and it's an illusion.

Hope is non applicable because there isn't a real entity living in the body that needs to survive.... it was never real from the beginning. 

It was Maya illusion of the self ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yes yes i agree

But also:

Enlightenment = ego seeing it's God (and getting it 100%)

:) I know you don't agree with this, but yeah, i just want to ask then, who is Sadhguru then? Why will he respond to me yelling 'Sadhguru!' ??? Because he is an ego (an enlightened one) or because he is not an ego?? :D

Ego = Person = Character

The character still exist after awakening. It is just seen to be that: a character, i.e. illusion!

All your talk and bashing of 'the ego', I find it rather funny:

Cos from the Absolute Perspective, it's not real - i.e. doesn't exist.

And from a relative perspective, ((i.e. looked on from inside the dream, and you and me and Sadhguru are still inside the dream, right? We can still meet up physically and talk to each other as normal persons (could be fun btw))), ego is always the case! ...:-)

Be better at making sharp and precise distinctions between relative and Absolute truths. All confusion on this forum comes from the mixing up of the two.

From the Absolute Perspective it's all Oneness. God=Ego=Real=Unreal

From the relative perspective, what I just said about ego always being the case as long as you function as a human being (awake or asleep), and what you just said about true enlightenment=no ego.... Both statements are partly true, partly untrue! Anekāntavāda.

Language cannot communicate the Actual Truth. Only point.

We don't even know if the word 'ego' means the same to you as it does to me! All words are meaningless sounds, and only makes sense within relative contexts.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

An ego can be infinitely free, infinite in its understanding of its own unreality, infinitely Loving, infinitely selfless. This is an awakened person I'm describing, right there.

Also: as the ego sees it's unreal/that its true nature is everything, i.e. it identifies itself just as much with every other being on the planet as with its own private body..., naturally you could then say that the ego is still *just as selfish* as it's always been: now it just defines itself as EVERYTHING! :-) The all-encompassing ego. The person who knows that he is nothing and everything. The awakened person.

Infinite Selfishness = infinite selflessness 

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows"

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

"The only thing that creates value meaning purpose is the 'sense of self'.. and it's an illusion"

Haha I agree in one sense. But to only take this perspective shows that you still got a long way to go:-)

It's not the full truth.

There is inherent Love built into the very fabric of existence itself. That you can't grasp this is something that makes me feel sorry for you.

How can something that is not real, was never real -- i.e. not there in the first place -- create meaning and purpose??? Easy enough: it can't, cos it doesn't exist.

There are more layers to Reality than your narrow and shallow nihilistic nothingness-awakening.

@WaveInTheOcean

Did you watch the videos?

There isn't an agenda that needs to be fulfilled here.. 

The communication is pointing to everything already being "What Is"

Maybe look back and question if what was said there is a direct reflection of what is felt inside there...

There isn't a landing somewhere with truth...

The freedom/ liberation lies in unknowing ❤