WhatAWondefulWorld

Should I fast before a trip?

3 posts in this topic

I am asking this because I'm tripping soon, and I feel like if I fast I will have a "clearer" mind

It's a good idea to have eaten something beforehand, so you don't run out of energy during the trip.

However, yes, you should fast at least 2 hours before taking the substance. If it's a big meal, at least 3 hours.

But before these 2-3 hours you should eat something healthy.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

I personally fast almost everyday by eating 1 or 2 meals in the 4 hour window. I find generally more connected to the sensitivity of life by not eating. And if I fast for longer, 3-7 days it starts feeling trippy in itself ?

So when I trip I naturally tend to do it on an empty stomach and find that the trips tend to be more sensitive, deeper. I think the most important thing is to feel "clean" which means that it is more important to eat "clean" and "light" than to just fast, but fasting is the ultimate cleanse.

Food can help you get grounded. If you want to get high, fast. If you feel you need to feel more grounded, for example during or after the trip, eating berries and fruits is amazing.

Experiment. Try it out eating, then fasting, and see what feels better for you.