EternalForest

Elevated consciousness inbetween wakefulness

2 posts in this topic

So I've been experiencing this phenomenon for years now, and I just wanted to get your thoughts on it, and if you think there's some weight to what's going on.

When I fall asleep on the ground, in a chair or some other semi-uncomfortable area and I wake up in the middle of the night, I wake up in a sort of half-awake, half-asleep state, as I'm sure many of you have before. But the mindset I experience in this state is remarkable.

It's as if the invisible wall of blurriness that I experience throughout my entire day is gone, and I think more clearly than ever. I'm more self-honest (which can lead to me being a lot more self-critical), but I also find myself to be more compassionate as well. Every unconscious thing I've been doing floods to the surface and I feel as if I'm getting advice from myself as a 60 or 70 year old, once again telling me like it is with no filter.

That's the thing about this state of mindset, there's no filter to it. It's gentle, yet uncompromising, conscious yet subtle. All the bullshit and rationalizing that's normally present in my thought processes just falls away and all I'm left with is direct insight. It's as if my brain doesn't have the energy to constantly defend itself, so I see everything as it is. And this can be a shocking way to view things, but it also unlocks more potential for conscious discovery.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Edited by EternalForest

1 hour ago, EternalForest said:

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Glad that someone talks about this. I experience this state of consciousness frequently and just like you, I open my eyes and feel like my consciousness is being upgraded, or that the room is more illuminated. Also, last night I realized that my body was vibrating but not sure if it's the first time happening this because I didn't pay too much attention before. My mind also feels peaceful in such moments, it's like I can think more clearly. And yep, I have an internal dialogue which sometimes goes weird because my mind feels like an antenna picking signals from otherworldly entities. Maybe it's just imagination but I wonder what is happening too because I couldn't find an appropriate term for these in-between states ?